Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown above are per person travelling. Single travellers will be paired up in tents with another person of the same sex.
The Wacky Wine Festival - 5 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Plan your trip to coincide with many of our destinations most fascinating and entertaining festivals. Witness the Sun Festival at Abu Simbel in Egypt, see the incredible ice sculptures at China's Harbin Ice Festival, get messy at Holi - India's festival of colour or join the technicoloured congregation of camels, cattle and humanity at the Pushkar Camel Fair. |
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Cape Town – South Africa’s most beautiful city – extend your stay to explore the sights
- KWV Vineyard - one of the leading wine and spirits producers in South Africa. Biltong, nut, wine and brandy tasting
- Klipdrift Brandy Distillery - the home of South Africa brandy! Optional tour of the distillery and brandy tasting (pay locally)
- Party at Arabella Wine Estate
- Paarl - a picturesque town in the Winelands
- The beautiful Robertson Wine Valley
- Robertson’s annual Wacky Wine Festival – South Africa's biggest regional wine festival. Live music, sport, fun games and of course lots of wine tasting!
- Robertson Wine Valley’s special wines
- 1 night in a dorm and 3 nights camping
- Wacky wine passport – this provides entry into the festival and includes a stylish tasting glass, WWW goodie bag, festival program and a bottle of water to pace yourself with.
How does the passport work? The passport entitles you to free tasting (25ml-samples) of our wines for the duration of the festival.
- Camping tents, mattresses and catering equipment – please note sleeping bags are not included.
- Entrance into the KWV Vineyard in Paarl
- 4 breakfasts
- Services of 2 crew members
- Transport in an overland truck
What's Not Included
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance into Klipdrift Brandy Distillery. Payable locally (budget R35-R100)
- Sleeping bag - please bring your own
- Airport transfers - these can be arranged upon request