Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’, based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required. If travelling solo, an additional ‘1-person’ supplement will apply
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen hotels, room availability as well as time of travel. Please bear this in mind if comparing prices as we always aim to deliver exceptional value.
Please note that discounts will apply if there are more 4 our more people in your travelling party, since fixed costs like transportation and guiding are shared across the group.
|Postcard from China - 10 days
|Beijing - Pre-tour accommodation
|Shanghai - Post-tour accommodation
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||An evening of death-defying acrobatic feats involving very lithe individuals clad in awesome technicolour costumes, performed in tune to sound and light and dinner (Chinese banquet-style). The performance can be added to any tailor-made or city break itinerary.
||Included on all group tours. For tailor - made or city breaks - book and pay locally.
Hutongs are a special feature of Beijing. On a peddle powered rickshaw and accompanied by a local guide, you’ll gain a fascinating snapshot of the city’s traditional way of life, as you meander through Beijing’s old back lanes. This bolt-on is included in all our group tours. Additionally it can be included to any of our tailormade or city break itineraries.
||Drop into Guangzhou on your way to Hong Kong. Sitting on Pearl River, vibrant and lively Guangzhou or formally Canton offers a swag of attractions including Shamian Island, Chen Family Temple, the tomb of the King of Southern Yue, parks, gardens and markets. Famed for it’s cuisine (Cantonese, no less) and also the riverfront shops at Yangjiang Road. |
||Renowned for its striking, if bizarre scenery - vast areas of karst limestone outcrops that rise up from flat rice paddy fields, Guilin is often the subject of Chinese painting. The Lijiang River cruise is a true pleasure that offers an endless procession of peaks and simple villages. Charming Yangshuo, a river town lined with cafes and little shops selling handicrafts, clothing and curios, offers gentle respite far from the madding crowds of the cities.
||Datong is an ancient cultural city dating back more than 2,000 years, the region’s biggest attraction is the UNESCO-listed Yungang Caves. Built more than 1,500 years ago, the 53 caves are a treasure trove of ancient Buddhist art comprising a fine collection of carved-sandstone Buddhist figures. The ‘Hanging Temple’ also located outside of Datong was constructed some 1,500 years on a precipitous rockface. Literally hugging the cliff, the temple is a total spectacle.
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Make your own pilgrimage to some of the world's most holy and spiritual sites. Consider taking an inspirational journey to Israel's revered Holy Lands or the Levant, seeing the world’s most sacred Hindu temple and highest monastery in Tibet, visiting awe inspiring Angkor Wat temple in Cambodia or watching the religious tradition of ritual cleansing in India's River Ganges.|
||Some say it can be seen from space, but unless you’re a top gun at NASA, perhaps you’ll never know. Instead, experience the real deal. One of the Seven Wonders of the World and an enduring symbol of Chinese civilisation and genius, the UNESCO protected Great Wall of China was built as a defensive structure to protect China against marauding invaders from the north.|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Beijing- Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, UNESCO-listed Great Wall, UNESCO-listed Ming Tombs, UNESCO-listed Summer Palace, Silk Alley markets
- UNESCO-listed Mt Tai Shan (Peaceful Mountain)
- Suzhou- UNESCO-listed gardens, Grand Canal and waterways, Humble Administrator’s Garden, Silk factory
- Jinan - capital of Shandong Province
- UNESCO-listed Qufu - birthplace of Confucius
- Shanghai- Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Jade Buddha Temple, The Bund and Old Shanghai, Yuyuan Garden, Huang River skyline of Pudong City
- 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Tai Shan - cable car ride
- Tai Ch'i lesson
- Shanghai - Huangpu River cruise
- Touring and excursions as per itinerary
- All relevant transfers and transportation
- 8 nights 3 star hotels & 1 night overnight train - Qufu - Shanghai (sleeper cabin)
- Rickshaw ride in Old City of Qufu and Confucius show
- Suzhou - historic Grand Canal cruise
- Airport arrival and departure transfer day 1 & day 10
- English speaking specialist guides at local sights
- Entrance fees to all included sites
What's Not Included
- International flights and visa
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Laundry, drinks, items of a personal nature