Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’, based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required. If travelling solo, an additional ‘1-person’ supplement will apply
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen hotels, room availability as well as time of travel. Please bear this in mind if comparing prices as we always aim to deliver exceptional value.
Please note that discounts will apply if there are more 4 our more people in your travelling party, since fixed costs like transportation and guiding are shared across the group.
|Sizzling Sichuan - 8 days
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||Drop into Guangzhou on your way to Hong Kong. Sitting on Pearl River, vibrant and lively Guangzhou or formally Canton offers a swag of attractions including Shamian Island, Chen Family Temple, the tomb of the King of Southern Yue, parks, gardens and markets. Famed for it’s cuisine (Cantonese, no less) and also the riverfront shops at Yangjiang Road. |
||Renowned for its striking, if bizarre scenery - vast areas of karst limestone outcrops that rise up from flat rice paddy fields, Guilin is often the subject of Chinese painting. The Lijiang River cruise is a true pleasure that offers an endless procession of peaks and simple villages. Charming Yangshuo, a river town lined with cafes and little shops selling handicrafts, clothing and curios, offers gentle respite far from the madding crowds of the cities.
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||The Giant Panda is the much loved, unofficial mascot of China whose population is sadly in dramatic decline. Although you can trek in search of pandas in the wild, sightings are very rare and it is more than likely that you will only see pandas in captivity at one of the research base and breeding centres. Contact our tailor-made team to see Pandas on your own a customised China tour.|
||Make your own pilgrimage to some of the world's most holy and spiritual sites. Consider taking an inspirational journey to Israel's revered Holy Lands or the Levant, seeing the world’s most sacred Hindu temple and highest monastery in Tibet, visiting awe inspiring Angkor Wat temple in Cambodia or watching the religious tradition of ritual cleansing in India's River Ganges.|
||From the snow capped peaks of the mighty Himalayas and Everest - the world's highest mountain, to Patagonia's immense glaciers and holy Mt Sinai in Egypt, Morocco's Atlas Mountains, Russia's Urals and China's breathtaking Yellow Mountain. Our tours visit all of these breathtaking mountain regions and more.|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Chengdu -the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, Wuhou Memorial Temple, Tomb of Wang Jian and Jinli Lu Street
- Jiuzhaigou - Scenic Reserve, Pearl Beach Falls, Nuorilong Falls, Long Lake, Dujiangyan Irrigation Scheme and Dragon Taming Temple
- Mt Emei/Emei Shan - UNESCO World Heritage Site, Temple of Baoguo and Wannian Temple
- Huanglong - Huanglong Monastery, calcium travertines and mineral ponds
- Leshan - UNESCO World Heritage Listed Dafo (Great Buddha) - the world's largest carved Buddha
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners
- Cable car to the top of Mt Emei and return
- Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 8
- Guided sightseeing excursions as per itinerary
- All transfers and transportation in private A/C vehicle
- 7 nights 3 star hotels
- Return economy class flights - Chengdu to Jiuzhai
- Touring of Chengdu, Huanglong, Jiuhaigou, Leshan and Mt Emei
- English sepaking specialist guides at local sights
- Entrance fees to all included sites
What's Not Included
- International flights and visa
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Laundry, drinks, items of a personal nature
- Entrance Fees: included