An eclectic mix of excursions for foodies and culture lovers alike, 'The Special Board' aims to uncover local secrets which would normally slip under the radar.
Starting with dinner at Beijing's Donghuamen Night Market, a veritable food zoo and the vast Maiandao Tea Market - for tasting and a tour, we also include a delicious traditional breakfast at the Xi'an produce market and dinner at the century old dumpling restaurant Lao Sun Jia. While in Shanghai you can soak up the tunes at the Cotton Club - the city's most popular live blues and jazz bar.
- Donghuamen Night Market – A chance to visit these famous markets with a range of bizarre foods ranging from lamb kebabs and corn on a cob to cicadas and scorpions fried on a skewer to name just a couple. Includes: Private transfers, Qualified English Speaking guide, 1.5 hours free time.
- Maliandao Tea Market – Spend the morning visiting the largest tea market in Northern China. Includes: Private transfers, Qualified English speaking guide, 2 hours free time at the market.
- Xi’an Cuisine – Visit Xi’an’s busy morning markets and soak in the lively atmosphere. While at the markets enjoy a traditional Xi’an breakfast consisting of fresh soy milk, steamed pork dumplings and green onion pancakes. Includes private transfers, qualified English speaking guide, about 1 hour free time at the markets.
- Lao San Jia Dumpling Restaurant – Xi’an’s most famous restaurant over a 100 years old and famous for its service and steaming bowls of yangrou paomo. Includes: Private transfers, qualified English speaking guide, dinner. Later pax board their train to Shanghai.
- Cotton Club – The first and most popular live music venue in Shanghai playing blues and jazz and with a mix of clientele from expatriates to locals. Includes: Transport and entrance to the Cotton Club.
China Specials Board is available on the following trips