Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room. Due to capacity restraints we do not offer single rooms on the Turkey component of this ANZAC tour. We will match up all single travellers with another fellow passenger of the same sex. We can also do this in Egypt, should you choose. Alternatively it is possible to book a single room for the Egypt component of your holiday and the single supplement detailed below can be added to the 'Twin/Double' price, allowing for the comfort of single room from days 5 - 13.
If booking pre or post tour accommodation in either Istanbul or Cairo, single travellers will need to pay the single supplement for nights booked.
Please note that the connecting flight between Istanbul-Cairo or v v. is not included in the cost of the tour and will need to be arranged independently, or contact us and we will be happy to arrange it for you.
Gallipoli & Giza - 13 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||When you've explored Istanbul by day, its time experience the city at night! As well as being a great way to get to know your fellow travellers, this evening out at a traditional Turkish venue includes a tasty 3 course meal and live entertainment including belly dancers. A top night out!|
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Want to see how the other half live? Then take a look at our selection of tours that visit all the best palaces and forts around the world. Many of the wonderfully ornate edifices that we visit are now historical museums and sites of interest allowing you to have a good old look around. And when you've had your fill of sightseeing, it's time to live like a king and stay in one of the many hotels that have been converted from a palace or fort! |
||One of the highlights of our Egypt group tours, is felucca sailing on the mighty River Nile. Feluccas are simple, traditional sailboats, with broad sails, that have plied the mighty Nile since ancient times. Sail during the day, taking in the colourful sights of the Nile village life en-route, soak up the sun, relax, jump in for a swim and let the peaceful routine of life aboard allow, you to escape the stress of everyday life! At night sleep ondeck under a blanket of stars! What better way to experience the great outdoors! |
||Sole survivors from the ancient Greek-listed Seven Wonders of the World, the amazing pyramids at Giza are the planet’s oldest tourist attraction! Known as Cheops, Chephren and Mycerinus, the pyramids were already more than 2,000 years old when Herodotus the Greek historian visited them (5th century BC).|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Istanbul - old city, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Hippodrome, Hagia Sofia and the Underground Cistern
- Gallipoli Peninsular - ANZAC Cove, Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair memorials, National services of Australia or New Zealand
- ANZAC Dawn Service
- Aswan - High Dam and Philae Temple
- Kom Ombo - Temple of Kom Ombo
- Luxor - Temple of Karnak
- Bosphorus Strait - the strategic waterway dividing Europe and Asia
- Battlefields and trenches
- Cairo - Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza Plateau, Necropolis of Saqqara, Egyptian Museum
- Nile felucca cruising - islands en route
- Edfu - Temple of Horus
- Luxor - West Bank - Valley of the Kings, Colossi of Memnon, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut
- 11 breakfasts, 3 lunches (including ANZAC Eve Turkish BBQ) and 2 dinners
- 2 nights aboard felucca (open deck)
- Airport arrival transfer on day 1 from Ataturk International Airport at any time of day or from Sabiha Gokcen Airport at 2.30pm and 8pm.
- Guided sightseeing of the Blue Mosque, Underground Cistern, Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sofia and Hippodrome area and Gallipoli
- Guided touring of Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Aswan, Edfu & Luxor
- Morning Cruise along the Bosphorus in Istanbul
- All relevant transfers and transportation in modern air-conditioned touring coaches/ vehicles
- 4 nights 4 - 5 star hotels (Egypt), 2 nights Special Class Hotel (Turkey)
- 2 nights train: Cairo - Aswan and Luxor - Cairo (seater train). Sleeper train upgrade available
- Airport arrival transfer to Cairo on day 5 and departure transfer to Cairo airport on day 13.
- Guided sightseeing of Galipolli (subject to site opening times set by the Anzac Day Organising Committee)
- Visits to the Grand Bazaar and Egyptian Spice Market
- Escorted by an English speaking, degree qualified Turkish tour guide in Turkey and degree qualified Egyptologist throughout Egypt
- Commemorative ANZAC hoodie/ jumper
What's Not Included
- International flights, visas and flight from Istanbul to Cairo
- Entrance Fees: $90-110 USD
- Tip for your tour guides in Turkey and Egypt. We recommend you allow $3 - 5 USD per day, per traveller. Tip for your driver in Turkey and Felucca Crew/ Nile Cruise staff in Egypt, we recommend you allow $10 USD for each. Tipping of these persons mentioned above is an entirely personal gesture
- Tipping Kitty: $40-50 USD
The hotels listed below are ones which we frequently use on this tour. We reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
Ibis Hotel Istanbul - Istanbul
The recently renovated Ibis in Istanbul is modern with excellent facilities. Rooms are comfortable with good sized beds and contemporary design. The outdoor pool is great for a refreshing dip (though it is closed in the winter months) The massive all you can eat buffet breakfast come well recommended and is a great way to start the day.
Located on the shores of the Sea of Marmara, midway between the airport & the old city.
|Our Rating : Superior —
Local Rating: 4 Star Hotel
The Oasis Hotel is surrounded by a palm forest and tropical gardens and boasts a swimming pool and an array of recreational facilities. The rooms are comfortable and spacious, with views over the gardens.
|Our Rating : Superior —
Local Rating: 4 Star Hotel
Pyramisa Isis Corniche - Aswan
The Isis Corniche has panoramic views of the Nile. There is a range of rooms, which have views over the garden or Nile. The hotel has a wellness centre, with sauna, jacuzzi and steam bath.
|Our Rating : Standard —
Local Rating: 4 Star Hotel
Felucca Cruise - Felucca Cruise
Feluccas are simple, traditional Egyptian sailboats that have plied the Nile since ancient times. Feluccas carry between 8 - 12 passengers comfortably. The boat’s deck is draped with soft colourful cushions that serve as your lounging and meal area during the day and as your sleeping area at night. You'll need to bring a sleeping bag/sheet and a towel with you. The crew, as well as being experienced sailors, are responsible for the preparation of the included meals, though they welcome helpers! Water, soft drinks and beer can be purchased aboard at a very reasonable cost.
|Our Rating : Simple —
A grand and classical hotel, the Sonesta is luxurious, ensuring you a comfortable stay. The hotel has a sweeping terrace with fantastic views of the Nile, a grand entrance of polished marble and handsomely appointed furnishings with exquisite detail and a beautiful health spa.
|Our Rating : Deluxe —
Local Rating: 5 Star Deluxe Hotel