Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room. The 'Single supplement' applies for single travellers who require their own room and needs to be added to the 'Twin/Double' price.
If you are happy to be paired up with another single traveller of the same sex on your tour, this can be arranged, (if another solo traveller of the same sex is already booked upon the tour), thus avoiding the single person supplement.
All our scheduled tour departures are guaranteed subject to a minimum of 2 travellers.
|Pre Tour Accommodation - Cairo
|Post Tour Accommodation - Cairo
|Eco Egypt - 10 Days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||Carry on your Egyptian affair before or after your tour, with a day tour (with lunch) to amazing Alexandria on the Mediterranean Coast. Founded by Alexander the Great, Alexandria boasts wonderful beaches and an impressive seafront corniche, along which are dotted cafes and restaurants, as well as catacombs, souks and relics from a bygone age.
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||We offer a range of opportunities for you to get to know the locals and learn about their culture and lifestyle whilst travelling. The best way to learn about any culture is to live in the homes of the people, and participate in day to day activities. Whether its through community visits, accompanying Berbers in Morocco on their bi-annual migration or using homestay accommodation where you can experience real local warmth and hospitality.|
||One of the highlights of our Egypt group tours, is felucca sailing on the mighty River Nile. Feluccas are simple, traditional sailboats, with broad sails, that have plied the mighty Nile since ancient times. Sail during the day, taking in the colourful sights of the Nile village life en-route, soak up the sun, relax, jump in for a swim and let the peaceful routine of life aboard allow, you to escape the stress of everyday life! At night sleep ondeck under a blanket of stars! What better way to experience the great outdoors! |
||Sole survivors from the ancient Greek-listed Seven Wonders of the World, the amazing pyramids at Giza are the planet’s oldest tourist attraction! Known as Cheops, Chephren and Mycerinus, the pyramids were already more than 2,000 years old when Herodotus the Greek historian visited them (5th century BC).|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Cairo - Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza Plateau, Necropolis of Saqqara, Egyptian Museum, interactive visit to children's orphanage, orientation visit to Women's Co-operative
- Nile felucca cruising - islands en route and Nile clean up
- Edfu - Temple of Horus
- Valley of the Kings, Colossi of Memnon, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut
- Aswan - High Dam, Philae Temple, River Nile
- Kom Ombo - Temple of Kom Ombo
- Luxor - Temple of Karnak
- Breakfast daily
- 5 nights 4 - 5 star hotels
- 2 nights train: Cairo - Aswan and Luxor - Cairo (seater train). Sleeper cabin upgrade possible!
- Airport arrival and departure transfer, day 1 and day 9
- Egyptian tour leader/guide degree qualified in Egyptology
- All meals aboard felucca cruise
- 2 nights aboard felucca (open deck)
- # Opportunity to clean the Nile, lend a helping hand at a Cairo orphanage and visit a women’s co-op
- Touring of Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Aswan, Edfu & Luxor
- All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles
What's Not Included
- Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow $3 - 5 USD per day, per traveller. Tip for your Felucca Crew/ Nile Cruise staff, we recommend you allow $10 USD. Tipping your guide and crew is an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance Fees: $90-110 USD
- International flights and visa
- Tipping Kitty: $30-50 USD
The hotels listed below are ones which we frequently use on this tour. We reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
The Oasis Hotel is surrounded by a palm forest and tropical gardens and boasts a swimming pool and an array of recreational facilities. The rooms are comfortable and spacious, with views over the gardens.
|Our Rating : Superior —
Local Rating: 4 Star Hotel
Pyramisa Isis Corniche - Aswan
The Isis Corniche has panoramic views of the Nile. There is a range of rooms, which have views over the garden or Nile. The hotel has a wellness centre, with sauna, jacuzzi and steam bath.
|Our Rating : Standard —
Local Rating: 4 Star Hotel
Felucca Cruise - Felucca Cruise
Feluccas are simple, traditional Egyptian sailboats that have plied the Nile since ancient times. Feluccas carry between 8 - 12 passengers comfortably. The boat’s deck is draped with soft colourful cushions that serve as your lounging and meal area during the day and as your sleeping area at night. You'll need to bring a sleeping bag/sheet and a towel with you. The crew, as well as being experienced sailors, are responsible for the preparation of the included meals, though they welcome helpers! Water, soft drinks and beer can be purchased aboard at a very reasonable cost.
|Our Rating : Simple —
A grand and classical hotel, the Sonesta is luxurious, ensuring you a comfortable stay. The hotel has a sweeping terrace with fantastic views of the Nile, a grand entrance of polished marble and handsomely appointed furnishings with exquisite detail and a beautiful health spa.
|Our Rating : Deluxe —
Local Rating: 5 Star Deluxe Hotel