Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’, based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required. If travelling solo, an additional ‘1-person’ supplement will apply
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen hotels, room availability as well as time of travel. Please bear this in mind if comparing prices as we always aim to deliver exceptional value.
Please note that discounts will apply if there are more 4 our more people in your travelling party, since fixed costs like transportation and guiding are shared across the group.
|Passage to Tibet - 8 days
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Make your own pilgrimage to some of the world's most holy and spiritual sites. Consider taking an inspirational journey to Israel's revered Holy Lands or the Levant, seeing the world’s most sacred Hindu temple and highest monastery in Tibet, visiting awe inspiring Angkor Wat temple in Cambodia or watching the religious tradition of ritual cleansing in India's River Ganges.|
||Want to see how the other half live? Then take a look at our selection of tours that visit all the best palaces and forts around the world. Many of the wonderfully ornate edifices that we visit are now historical museums and sites of interest allowing you to have a good old look around. And when you've had your fill of sightseeing, it's time to live like a king and stay in one of the many hotels that have been converted from a palace or fort! |
||From the snow capped peaks of the mighty Himalayas and Everest - the world's highest mountain, to Patagonia's immense glaciers and holy Mt Sinai in Egypt, Morocco's Atlas Mountains, Russia's Urals and China's breathtaking Yellow Mountain. Our tours visit all of these breathtaking mountain regions and more.|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Samye Monastery, Tsedang - Yumbulakhang Palace and Tandruk Monastery
- Drolma Lhakhang Temple
- Gyantse - Khumbum Stupa and Pelku Chode monastery
- Lhasa - Potala Palace, Norbulinka Palace, Jokhang Temple, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Barkhor Bazaar.
- Yam Drok Lake
- Shigatse - Tashilunpo Manstery, seat of Panchen Lama and the free market of Shigatse.
- Breakfast daily
- Arrival and departure airport transfer on day 1 and day 8
- Touring and excursions as per itinerary
- Tibet travel permit and English speaking local guide during scheduled sightseeing.
Note: Tibetan travel permits are only issued from mainland China ie Beijing or Chengdu or from Kathmandu
in Nepal, therefore prior to travelling to Lhasa you will need to spend a minimum of two days in one of these
cities in order for us to arrange the permit for you
- 7 nights - 3 star hotels
- Guided sightseeing in Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse and Tsedang
- Entrance fees to all relevant monuments
What's Not Included
- International flights and visa.
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture