Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’, based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required. If travelling solo, an additional ‘1-person’ supplement will apply.
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen hotels, room availability as well as time of travel i.e. during India’s peak travel season of 21 Dec - 10 Jan, additional supplements will apply. Equally, if you with to travel to India during the summer, rates will be cheaper than those quoted. Please bear this in mind if comparing prices as we always aim to deliver exceptional value.
This itinerary is based upon superior accommodation. Standard and deluxe properties are also available upon request.
Please note that discounts will apply if there are more 4 our more people in your travelling party, since fixed costs like transportation and guiding are shared across the group.
|Classic Kerala - 9 Days
If you are interested in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Nothing beats a little rest and relaxation by the sea - wind down from an action packed tour with a few days lazing on golden sands or spend your entire holiday soaking up the sun. From the coral rich Red Sea and the azure Aegean and Mediterranean to the crystal clear waters of the Indian ocean, choose from a wide range of idyllic destinations.|
||Sail the open seas aboard a traditional gulet in Turkey or island hop the picturesque Dalmation Coast in Croatia. See the best of ancient Egypt onboard a Nile cruiser or dahabeya, cruise through the breathtaking three gorges of the Yangtze River in China or along the Euphrates in Syria or the stunning Neva and Volga Rivers in Russia. Or those with a real sense of adventure can to travel to end of the world on an incredible Antarctic expedition, witness a wildlife extravaganza on the remote Galapagos Islands or explore mighty Amazon Rainforest on a riverboat. |
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Historic Kochi - Parsi Synagogue, Dutch Palace, St Francis Church, Fort Cochin, colourful boats and Chinese Fishing nets on the waterfront
- The protected Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary and Lake - elephant and tiger reserve
- Coastal Alleppey - the Venice of the East
- Munnar Hill Station - the summer retreat of the British during colonial times
- Tropical Kumarakom and the famous Keralan backwaters
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- 1 night - traditional Keralan rice boat
- Houseboat trip - Keralan backwaters
- Touring and excursions as per itinerary
- Entrance fees to all included sights
- 7 nights superior hotels (standard and deluxe available on request)
- Boat ride on Lake Periyar OR visit to a tea plantation
- Airport arrival and departure transfers on days 1 and day 9
- Local English speaking specialist guides for sites
- Chauffeur driven air-conditioned vehicle
What's Not Included
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Laundry, drinks, items of a personal nature
The hotels listed below are ones which we frequently use on this tour. We reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
Eastend Lakesong - Kumarakom
Nestled among the serene backwaters of Kumarakom, Eastend Lakesong comprises of 8 acres of facility packed leisure land. Guests sleep in Villas and Cottages which are all well furnished with colourful interiors and comfortable beds. The onsite restaurants offer an excellent selection of local and international cuisine. Why not treat yourself to a relaxing massage at the Ayurveda on site Spa? The perfect way to unwind.
|Our Rating : Standard —
Local Rating: 3 Star Hotel