Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’, based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required. If travelling solo, an additional ‘1-person’ supplement will apply
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen hotels, room availability as well as time of travel i.e. during India’s peak travel season of 21 Dec - 10 Jan, additional supplements will apply. Equally, if you with to travel to India during the summer, rates will be cheaper than those quoted.. Please bear this in mind if comparing prices as we always aim to deliver exceptional value.
This itinerary is based upon standard accommodation. Superior and deluxe properties are also available upon request.
Please note that discounts will apply if there are more 4 our more people in your travelling party, since fixed costs like transportation and guiding are shared across the group.
|Footsteps of Gandhi - 14 days
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Make your own pilgrimage to some of the world's most holy and spiritual sites. Consider taking an inspirational journey to Israel's revered Holy Lands or the Levant, seeing the world’s most sacred Hindu temple and highest monastery in Tibet, visiting awe inspiring Angkor Wat temple in Cambodia or watching the religious tradition of ritual cleansing in India's River Ganges.|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Mumbai - 'the City of Dreams' - Gateway of India, the Prince of Wales museum, Marine Drive, Mani Bhawan Jain temple, Elephanta Caves
- Rajkot - old city - Gandhi’s home
- Baroda, Surat and Sultan of Gujarat’s castle
- Coastal Porbandar - Gandhi’s birthplace
- Ahmedabad - old city - largest city in Gujurat.
- Dandi - the scene of the famous Salt March
- 13 breakfasts
- Boat excursion to Elephanta Caves
- Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 14
- Local English speaking specialist guides at local sights
- Chauffeur driven air-conditioned vehicle
- 13 nights standard hotels (superior and deluxe available on request)
- Economy class flight - Mumbai - Porbandar
- Touring and excursions as per itinerary
- Entrance fees to all included sights
What's Not Included
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Laundry, drinks, items of a personal nature