Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’, based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required. If travelling solo, an additional ‘1-person’ supplement will apply.
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen hotels, room availability as well as time of travel i.e. during India’s peak travel season of 21 Dec - 10 Jan, additional supplements will apply. Equally, if you with to travel to India during the summer, rates will be cheaper than those quoted.. Please bear this in mind if comparing prices as we always aim to deliver exceptional value.
This itinerary is based upon standard accommodation. Superior and deluxe accommodation is available on request.
Please note that discounts will apply if there are more 4 our more people in your travelling party, since fixed costs like transportation and guiding are shared across the group.
|Great Southern Getaway - 15 days
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Coastal Chennai - capital of Tamil Nadu.
- Coonoor Hill Station - mountain scenery, coffee and tea plantations
- Mudumalai National Park - home to the endangered Indian elephant and the Bengal Tiger.
- Somnathpur - home to the famous Keseva Temple
- Nagarhole National Park - tiger and elephant country.
- Guruvayur - famous Krishna Temple and Elephant Stables
- Kochi - Parsi Synagogue, Dutch Palace and St Francis’ Church
- Mahabalipuram - Shore Temple and stone carvers since 8th century.
- UNESCO World Heritage listed Blue Mountain Railway
- Mysore - palaces, gardens and old world charm
- Srirangapatnam Island & Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary
- Sultan’s Battery - abandoned Jain Temple
- Athirapally lush rainforest and cascasing waterfalls.
- 13 breakfasts (excluding day 3), 5 lunches and 5 dinners
- 3 game drives - Mudumalai National Park
- Visit to Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary
- Blue Mountain railway, toy train journey
- Airport arrival and departure transfers on day 1 and day 15
- Services of local English speaking specialist guides
- Chauffeur driven air-conditioned vehicle
- 13 nights standard hotels (superior and deluxe available on request) 1 overnight train journey on the Nilgari Express
- 3 game drives - Nagarhole National Park
- Evening cruise on the backwaters of Kochi
- Kathakali dance performance
- Touring and excursions as per itinerary
- Entrance fees to all relevant sights
What's Not Included
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Laundry, drinks, items of a personal nature