Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’, based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required. If travelling solo, an additional ‘1-person’ supplement will apply.
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen hotels, room availability as well as time of travel i.e. during India’s peak travel season of 21 Dec - 10 Jan, additional supplements will apply. Equally, if you with to travel to India during the summer, rates will be cheaper than those quoted.. Please bear this in mind if comparing prices as we always aim to deliver exceptional value.
This itinerary is based upon superior accommodation. Standard and deluxe properties are also available upon request.
Please note that discounts will apply if there are more 4 our more people in your travelling party, since fixed costs like transportation and guiding are shared across the group.
|Kolkata to Darjeeling - 11 days
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||From the snow capped peaks of the mighty Himalayas and Everest - the world's highest mountain, to Patagonia's immense glaciers and holy Mt Sinai in Egypt, Morocco's Atlas Mountains, Russia's Urals and China's breathtaking Yellow Mountain. Our tours visit all of these breathtaking mountain regions and more.|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Cultural Kolkata - the famous Victoria Memorial, historic Indian Museum, colourful Howrah flower market and Hooghly River
- Gangtok - home to the Namgyalak Institute of Tibetology
- Darjeeling - scenic hill station with Himalayan backdrop, Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery and a tea estate
- Kalimpong - remote and scenic hill station
- Pelling - the Pemayangtse Monastery
- 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- 1 night - Darjeeling Mail train - air-conditioned 1st class sleeper (no meals)
- Drive to Tiger Hill - Darjeeling
- Economy class flight - Kolkata - Bagdogra
- Touring and excursions as itinerary
- Entrance fees to all included sights
- 9 nights superior hotels (standard and deluxe hotels available on request)
- Toy train journey - Darjeeling to Ghoom Monastery
- Visit to Tea Estate - Darjeeling
- Airport arrival and departure transfers on day 1 and day 11
- Local English speaking specialist guides at local sights
- Chauffeur driven air-conditioned vehicle
What's Not Included
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Laundry, drinks, items of a personal nature