Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’, based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required. If travelling solo, an additional ‘1-person’ supplement will apply.
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen hotels, room availability as well as time of travel i.e. during India’s peak travel season of 21 Dec - 10 Jan, additional supplements will apply. Equally, if you with to travel to India during the summer, rates will be cheaper than those quoted.. Please bear this in mind if comparing prices as we always aim to deliver exceptional value.
This itinerary is based upon superior accommodation. Standard and deluxe properties are also available upon request.
Please note that discounts will apply if there are more 4 our more people in your travelling party, since fixed costs like transportation and guiding are shared across the group.
|Legends of the Rajputs - 11 days
|Legends of the Rajputs - 11 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||Sail above lofty hilltop forts and fine regal palaces in Jaipur. Look down upon sleepy villages waking to the early morning sun, drift past expansive waterside manors and intricately stone carved temples in a magical hot air balloon adventure.|
||Home to the world famous Golden Temple and the seat of the Sikh religion, Amritsar is one of the Punjab’s principal cities. Built in 1803 and made of marble, copper and pure leaf gold, the temple is an amazing architectural feat. During your stay, enjoy a visit to Wagah - a unique ceremony that takes place every evening on the India Pakistan border. |
If you are interested in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Go in search of the Big Five in some of Africa's greatest game parks, from the wilds of the Masai Mara, to gorillas in Uganda and the open plains of the Serengeti. Or perhaps head to one of India's finest national parks to try to spot the elusive big cat - the Royal Bengal tiger. There is nothing like seeing wildlife in its natural habitat!|
||There are very few places where the rare and enigmatic tiger can still be glimpsed in the wild, stalking through dense forest and undergrowth, a solitary predator with no natural enemies, save one. Go in search of tigers at some of the best wildlife parks in central India, Nepal and Siberia.|
||Want to see how the other half live? Then take a look at our selection of tours that visit all the best palaces and forts around the world. Many of the wonderfully ornate edifices that we visit are now historical museums and sites of interest allowing you to have a good old look around. And when you've had your fill of sightseeing, it's time to live like a king and stay in one of the many hotels that have been converted from a palace or fort! |
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Old and New Delhi - the magnificent Red Fort, India's largest mosque Jama Masjid, and Gandhi's crematorium Raj Ghat
- Fatehpur Sikri - an ancient abandoned Mughal city
- The Pink City of Jaipur - the lofty Amber Fort, the very regal City Palace and the ancient observatory of Jantar Mantar
- Udaipur - an oasis of cool by Lake Pichola.
- The spectacular Taj Mahal - India's most famous monument in all its glory at sunset
- Ranthambhore NP - Beautiful Indian wildlife and (hopefully) some tigers!
- An exotic elephant ride into Jaipur's Amber Fort - just like the Raj would have done
- 10 breakfasts, 1 lunches, 2 dinners
- Elephant ride to Amber Fort - Jaipur
- 2 Economy class flights - Jaipur - Udaipur, Udaipur - Delhi
- 3 game drives - Ranthambhore National Park
- Touring, excursions and game drives as per itinerary
- Entrance fees and game park permits at all included sights
- 10 nights - 4 superior hotels (standard and deluxe hotels available on request)
- Boat cruise on Lake Pichola - Udaipur
- 1 train journey - Bharatpur - Ranthambhore (2nd class air-conditioned seater)
- Airport arrival and departure transfers on day 1 and day 11
- Local English speaking specialist guides
- Chauffeur driven air-conditioned vehicle (game drives, non air-conditioned)
What's Not Included
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Laundry, drinks, items of a personal nature