Set in palm fringed Goa, this introduction to the art of cooking Indian food, is a 5 day course designed especially for the enthusiastic home cook. Let the tropical sun and our expert cooks ensure that you return home tanned and talented!
In a relaxed atmosphere at our custom–built kitchen in the heart of sunny central Goa, our expert cooks will teach you Indian culinary skills and the art of preparation of classic Indian dishes. Designed for the home cook; apart from enthusiasm there are no entry qualifications and certainly no exams. By the end of the course you should feel confident cooking a number of Indian dishes at home. Grounded in professional Indian culinary techniques, our courses are more practical than theoretical. They’re designed especially for the cook who wants to host a delicious dinner party back home and impress their guests. india on the menu demystifies the art of Indian cooking by offering a hands–on, small–group course with a dynamic, fun and informative approach to learning. And, when you want to leave the heat of the kitchen, just outside are the palm–fringed shores of the Arabian Sea.
Combined with the tropical appeal of the former Portuguese enclave of Goa and a course that is the antithesis of ‘hell in the kitchen’, our prime aim is to offer you a taste of India’s culinary regions with plenty of easy cooking tips and the opportunity to enjoy a break somewhere a little different. For the spirited traveller, this cooking holiday offers a gently paced introduction to the colourful and inspiring cuisine of India.
5 Day Course Content
• Northern Indian, Southern Indian and Goan cuisine explored, as well as your personal favourites. Seafood, chicken and vegetable dishes prepared at each session. The results of the course are then eaten! 3 main meals are enjoyed as part of the course.
• Full hands-on tuition and involvement. 3 dedicated hands–on cooking classes with our expert chefs. Jargon–free learning, handy tips & techniques. Uncomplicated cooking - Indian cooking demystified.
• Small group participation in intimate surrounds. Group size is limited to 8 in the kitchen.
• Spice & ingredient education in the form of a visit to the local food markets led by one of our chefs and a half day excursion to a spice garden and plantation.
• Spice & utensil guides to aid your market adventure.
• 'India on the Menu' printed apron and exclusive screen-printed recipe book.
• ‘India on the Menu’ spice blend - a fragrant souvenir.
• Goa restaurant guide - eat at the best of the locally recommended establishments
• Plenty of time to enjoy Goa’s tropical beaches, local bars, restaurants and superb shopping.
• Non–cooking companions are welcome to come along - Goa has plenty more than sun and sand to offer!
• Transport from your hotel to the course. (transport available from hotels in the North/Central Goa region only)
|Learn to Cook Indian - 5 Days||All Dates||$799||-|