Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room. The 'Single supplement' applies for single travellers who require their own room and needs to be added to the 'Twin/Double' price. If you are happy to be paired up with another single traveller of the same sex on your tour, this can be arranged (subject to another solo traveller of the same sex having already booked with us). As such the single person supplement would not be required.
The Snow Leopard Expedition - 16 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Make your own pilgrimage to some of the world's most holy and spiritual sites. Consider taking an inspirational journey to Israel's revered Holy Lands or the Levant, seeing the world’s most sacred Hindu temple and highest monastery in Tibet, visiting awe inspiring Angkor Wat temple in Cambodia or watching the religious tradition of ritual cleansing in India's River Ganges.|
||Enjoy the great outdoors, getting back to basics and soaking up the scenery. From camping for a night in the Sahara Desert, under a blanket of stars in Jordan's Wadi Rum or even on the snow in Antarctica! We also offer longer camping expeditions through the wilds of Africa. The choice is yours.|
||Get off the beaten track on one of our trekking expeditions. Hike in the rugged High Atlas mountains and the lush valley terrain in Morocco, climb to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, through the stunning Annapurna region in Nepal or follow in the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary to the base camp of mighty Mt Everest! Journey to South America and follow the legendary Inca Trail up to Machu Picchu, trek to the Rose City of Petra in Jordan, or up to the remote hill tribes of the beautiful Tonkinese Alps in Vietnam. We offer all these active adventures and more! |
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Thiksey Monastery - boasting numerous chambers full of statues and stupas. Thiksey in many respects a replica of Potala Palace in Lhasa.
- Delhi - Old Delhi - Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Raj Ghat, New Delhi - India Gate, Rajpath, Humayun’s Tomb, Qutab Minar and carpet emporium with demonstration
- Trekking for one of the worlds rarest big cats.
- Hemis National Park - home to the Snow Leopard, Tibetan Fox, Ibex, Bhara, Tibetan Sheep, Red Fox, Eurasian Brown Bear, Golden eagle, Vulture
- Shey Monastery - houses a 24 metre high image of Buddha cast from copper and covered with gold leaf
- 15 Breakfasts, 12 lunches, 12 dinners
- Economy Return Flight from Delhi to Leh
- Escorted trekking with guide, cook and scouts
- Entrence fee to Thiksey Monastery
- 3 nights standard accommodation in Delhi, 3 nights standard accommodation in Leh, 9 nights camping or homestay in Hemis National Park
- Expert naturalist from the Snow Leopard Conservancyand proven leopard spotter.
- Entrence fee to Hemis National Park
- Airport arrival transfer on day 1 and departure transfer on day 16. Airport transfer upon arrival and departure from Leh.
What's Not Included
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Laundry, drinks, items of a personal nature