Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’, based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required. If travelling solo, an additional ‘1-person’ supplement will apply
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen hotels, room availability as well as time of travel. Please bear this in mind if comparing prices as we always aim to deliver exceptional value.
Please note that discounts will apply if there are more 4 our more people in your travelling party, since fixed costs like transportation and guiding are shared across the group.
|Pyramids to Petra - 15 days
If you are interested in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Sail the open seas aboard a traditional gulet in Turkey or island hop the picturesque Dalmation Coast in Croatia. See the best of ancient Egypt onboard a Nile cruiser or dahabeya, cruise through the breathtaking three gorges of the Yangtze River in China or along the Euphrates in Syria or the stunning Neva and Volga Rivers in Russia. Or those with a real sense of adventure can to travel to end of the world on an incredible Antarctic expedition, witness a wildlife extravaganza on the remote Galapagos Islands or explore mighty Amazon Rainforest on a riverboat. |
||Possibly the most awe-inspiring temple of all ancient Egypt, with its gargantuan rock-cut façade, the great Sun Temple of King Ramses II at Abu Simbel was created to revere the mighty pharaonic ruler King Ramses II. Guarding the entrance to the temple and hewn into the side of a mountain are four famous colossal statues of the pharaoh himself.|
||The Rose City of Petra is the jewel in Jordan’s glittering archaeological crown, and is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. Accessed on a walk through a narrow, deep and winding cleft in the rock that is known as the Siq, the end prize is the hidden valley where the Rose City of Petra lies. And the first sight to behold is the façade of Al-Kazneh – aka the Treasury of Petra. This rose red building actually served as a royal tomb, but got its name from the legend that pirates hid their treasure there. With a backstory like that and its amazing appearance its no surprise to learn that it was this building that served as the Holy Grail’s resting place In Indiana Jones and the last crusade.
Petra is full of ancient tombs, temples and ruins ripe for modern-day discoverers like us!|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Cairo - Pyramids & Sphinx at Giza Plateau
- Mohamed Ali Mosque, Coptic Cairo and Khan el Khalili Bazaar
- The Temples of Abu Simbel
- Nile cruising - islands en route
- Luxor - Temples of Karnak and Luxor Temple by night
- Jordan - Amman
- Jordan - Jerash - Ruins of ancient Roman city
- Madaba - St George Church and 6th century mosaics of the Holy Land
- Dead Sea - opt for a dip
- Necropolis of Saqqara
- Egyptian Museum
- Aswan - High Dam, Philae Temple, River Nile
- Temple of Kom Ombo & Temple of Horus - Edfu
- Valley of the Kings, Colossi of Memnon and Temple of Queen Hatshepsut
- Ajlun - crusader era Saracen Castle
- Rose City of Petra
- Karak Crusader Castle
- Breakfast daily
- 3 nights deluxe Nile Cruiser
- Economy class return flights: Cairo - Abu Simbel,
- Private air-conditioned transportation and all relevant transfers in Egypt and Jordan
- Touring of Cairo, Aswan, Luxor, Amman, Petra, Madaba
- Qualified, specialist guides at local sites
- All meals aboard Nile Cruiser
- 9 nights superior or deluxe hotels (specific to your chosen itinerary). Standard hotels available if required
- 2 overnight trains: Cairo - Aswan and Luxor - Cairo (2 berth, 1st class sleeper cabin)
- Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 15
- Dead Sea - free time, swim & detox
- Entrance fees for all included sightseeing
What's Not Included
- International flights, flight from Cairo - Amman on day 9 and visas.
- Laundry, drinks, items of a personal nature
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture