Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room. The 'Single supplement' applies for single travellers who require their own room and needs to be added to the 'Twin/Double' price.
If you are happy to be paired up with another single traveller of the same sex on your tour, this can be arranged, (if another solo traveller of the same sex is already booked upon the tour), thus avoiding the single person supplement.
Our specialist photography tour with Doug is guaranteed to depart subject to a minimum of 6 travellers.
Morocco in Focus - 8 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
If you are interested in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Take a memorable camel ride across the rolling sand dunes of the mighty Sahara Desert in Morocco or the Great Indian Thar Desert in Rajasthan. Alternatively, enjoy the last remaining Ancient Wonder of the World on camel back as you ride between the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt.|
||Shop til you drop and experience a myriad of different sights, sounds and souvenirs in bustling bazaars around the world. Soak up the atmosphere in the souks of Marrakech, barter for bargains at the ginormous Grand Bazaar in Istanbul or lose yourself in Beijing's Silk Alley Markets. Visit the old covered market in Damascus or get some great souvenirs in Otavalo the handicraft market in Ecuador.|
||Experience breathtaking sunsets, incredible starry skies and the vast, beautiful landscapes of some of the world's most spectacular deserts. See the incredible limestone formations of the White Desert in Egypt, camel trek across the endless rolling sand dunes of the Sahara or India's great Thar Desert and climb Dune 45 in Namibia.|
||From the snow capped peaks of the mighty Himalayas and Everest - the world's highest mountain, to Patagonia's immense glaciers, Morocco's Atlas Mountains, Russia's Urals and China's breathtaking Yellow Mountain. Our tours visit all of these breathtaking mountain regions and more.|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Marrakech - UNESCO-listed Place Djemaa el Fna, (medina, souks and market place)
- High Atlas Mountains and views of Mt Toubkal - North Africa's highest peak
- Todra Gorge - towering red canyon
- Erg Chebbi sand dunes - reaching some 250m high
- Bahia Palace - 19th Century palatial residence of the grand vizier Sidi Moussa
- Dades Gorge - ‘Valley of the Roses and Jebel Sarhro
- Merzouga - Berber village and start point for our camel trek into the great Sahara
- Ait Benhaddou - UNESCO-listed fortified kasbah city
- Airport arrival transfer on day 1 and departure transfer on day 8
- 6 night authentic accommodation (similar to a 3 star standard), 1 night berber camp in the Sahara
- Escorted by an English speaking Moroccan tour leader. Specialist local guides at some sites.
- Camel trek into the great Sahara
- Entrance fees to included sightseeing.
- Breakfast daily, 1 lunch and 5 dinners including Berber camp dinner
- Expert hands on photographic tuition throughout the tour provided by professional photographer Doug McKinlay
- Touring of Marrakech, Dades Gorge, Todra Gorge, Sahara Desert and Ait Benhaddou
- All transfers and transportation in private touring vehicles. All road taxes and tolls.
What's Not Included
- International flights and visa
- Entrance Fees: $36-40 USD
- Gratuity for your tour guide/driver. Budget USD$2 - 3 per person per day. Tipping your tour guide is an entirely personal gesture.
The hotels listed below are ones which we frequently use on this tour. We reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
Riad Moulay Said - Marrakech
Riad Moulay Siad is a charming riad with a swimming pool and spacious traditional rooms, a little oasis of tranquility in the bustle of Marrakech.
|Our Rating : Standard —
Local Rating: Standard Riad
Hotel Tomboctou - Todra Gorge
Formerly the residence of Sheikh Bassou Ou Ali, the Hotel Tomboctou is an authentic Kasbah of soil that was fully refurbished in 1994. The 14 charming rooms are blessed with typical warming Moroccan themes, are fully air conditioned and equipped with excellent en suite facilities. The refreshing outdoor pool is perfect for relaxing by and meals are served in either the tent or earthen hall. Why not try local delicacies like traditional tagine or Berber omelette?
Well located close to Tinehir and popular Todra Gorge.
|Our Rating : Superior —
Local Rating: Mid Range Riad
Camping out in the Sahara Desert is an incredible experience, enabling you to sit on top of a dune to watch the setting sun, sit around a camp fire for dinner and lie back and see the stars. No alcohol.
|Our Rating : Simple —
Local Rating: Free Camp