Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room.
The 'single supplement' below applies for single travellers who would like their own room for the entire tour and needs to be added to the 'Twin/Double' price.
If you are happy to be paired up with another single traveller of the same sex on your tour, this can be arranged whilst travelling in Russia, however a single supplement will apply whilst in the Ukraine (days 6 - 9). Please contact us for the relevant cost. All our group tours are guaranteed to depart subject to a minimum of 2 travellers.
Kremlins Tsars & Kiev - 9 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||Start the day with a visit to either the gardens of palatial Peterhof, overlooking the Gulf of Finland in the summer OR Catherine Palace at Tsarskoe Selo in the winter (Pavlosk Palace is viewed if Catherine Palace is closed). We stop for lunch at the popular restaurant, where we enjoy a hearty meal, before exploring inside the beautiful Church on Spilled Blood.|
If you are interested in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||On many of our group tours we provide the chance to get to experience certain aspects of Russian culture that visitors often miss – the Russian Banya (Sauna) and a once top secret underground bunker. In Pskov we take you to a Banya where you can get out of the cold and experience the healing properties for yourself, just watch out for the Bannik! In Moscow you can step back in time to the clandestine and tense era of the Cold War and enjoy an interactive tour of the secret bunker turned museum.|
||One of Russia’s most iconic images is undoubtedly St Basil’s Cathedral, with its riotously colourful tent roofs and twisting onion shaped domes, each with their own distinctive pattern and colour scheme. Located on Red Square in Moscow, opposite the Kremlin, St Basil’s Cathedral was commissioned by Ivan the Terrible in 1552 to mark the 1552 capture of Kazan from Mongol forces. It was designed by architect Postnik Yakovlev and completed in 1561. According to legend, Ivan was so ‘blown away’ at the beauty and intricacy of Postnik’s work; he had him blinded so that he would never be able to design anything as fantastical again!|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- St Petersburg - UNESCO-listed city area including: Nevsky Prospekt, Museum and University districts, Church on Spilled Blood, The Bronze Horseman, Admiralty End, Peter and Paul Fortress and the Hermitage at the Winter Palace
- Kiev - Ukraine’s capital, Pecherska Lavra Monastery and its underground labyrinth, Chernobyl Museum and Ukrainian Folk Architecture and Life Museum - better known as pirohovo Museum
- Moscow - UNESCO-listed Red Square, Kremlin, Lenin’s mausoleum and St Basil’s Cathedral
- Other sites of St Petersburg included on the optional Pukka Pass
- 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- 1 overnight train St Pete’s - Moscow (open sleeper cabin)
- Guided sightseeing - St Petersburg city tour, Peter and Paul Fortress and the Hermitage at Winter Palace, Moscow’s Red Square and Kremlin, Kiev city tour, Pecherska Lavra Monastery, the Chernobyl Museum, Ukrainian Folk Architecture and Life Museum
- Moscow Metro travel card - 6 journeys
- Local Ukrainian guide for sightseeing in Kiev
- 4 nights 3 star hotels, 3 nights 4 star hotel - Kiev
- Airport arrival transfer on day 1 in St Pete’s and day 6 in Kiev
- Museum entrance fees - Kiev
- Escorted by an English speaking Russian tour leader days 1 - 5, with specialist Russian guides at local sights
- Relevant transfers and transportation on tour
What's Not Included
- International flights and visa
- Please note - the flight from Moscow to Kiev in Ukraine is NOT included in the cost of the tour. We can arrange this for you upon request.
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance Fees: USD50-60 (for Russia)
The hotels listed below are ones which we frequently use on this tour. We reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
Hotel Moscow - St Petersburg
The spacious rooms at Hotel Moscow are simply furnished, with modern amenities and en suite facilities. Many of the rooms boast wonderful views of the Neva River and Alexander Nevsky monastery.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel and there are five restaurants on site to enjoy delicious International and Russian cuisine. While the Panorama Bar on the 8th floor offers tasty beverages and incredible views of St Petersburg's historic centre.
The Hotel Moscow is centrally located just off Nevsky Prospekt. The hotel is just 2 minutes walk from Alexander Nevsky Square Metro Station.
|Our Rating : Standard —
Local Rating: 3 Star Hotel
Izmailovo Gamma Delta - Moscow
Formerly part of the Olympic Village at the 1980 Moscow Olympics, Divided into two wings, Gamma and Delta - thhe Izmailovo Gamma Delta is part of one of the biggest hotels in the world. The rooms are comfortable and with modern amenities and there is also a number of excellent restaurants plus a gym and swimming pool. On arrival to the hotel guests are often welcomed with chocolate and still bottled mineral water.
Well located with good access to transport links.
|Our Rating : Standard —
Local Rating: 3 Star Hotel
Eleven Mirrors Design Hotel - Kiev - Ukraine
Opened in November 2012 by Vladmir Klitschko, the Eleven Mirrors Design Hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel in the heart of Kiev. All of the rooms and suites boast a contemporary interior design and smart elegance including stunning en suite facilities. The on site Spa offers luxury treatments and the swimming pool is the perfect place to freshen up in the morning!
Perfectly located just a stones throw from the National Opera House in the heart of Kiev.
|Our Rating : Deluxe —
Local Rating: 5 Star Hotel