Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room. The 'Single supplement' applies for single travellers who require their own room and needs to be added to the 'Twin/Double' price.
If you are happy to be paired up with another single traveller of the same sex on your tour, this can be arranged, (if another solo traveller of the same sex is already booked upon the tour), thus avoiding the single person supplement.
All our scheduled tour departures are guaranteed subject to a minimum of 2 travellers.
Siege of Leningrad - 8 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||Start the day with a visit to either the gardens of palatial Peterhof, overlooking the Gulf of Finland in the summer OR Catherine Palace at Tsarskoe Selo in the winter (Pavlosk Palace is viewed if Catherine Palace is closed). We stop for lunch at the popular restaurant, where we enjoy a hearty meal, before exploring inside the beautiful Church on Spilled Blood.|
||Head 65 meters underground to the Underground Cold War Museum - a Stalinist-era Soviet Bunker that up until recently was a top secret symbol of Soviet Power. This mighty 75,000-square-foot facility was constructed covertly in the 1950s, to protect the select few against a US nuclear attack. Step back in time to the clandestine and tense era of the Cold War and enjoy an interactive tour of this bunker turned museum, followed by a tour of the most luxurious and extravagant of the Stalinist era metro stations with their marble columns and chandeliers all with an English speaking guide.
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Moscow - Red Square, St Basil's Cathedral, Lubyanka Square, Arabat Street, Kremlin, Lenin's Mausoleum, and Moscow Metro
- Siege of Leningrad Museum - offers insight into the 900 day stand-off between German soldiers and the civilians of St Petersburg
- Road of Life Museum - houses numerous wartime relics and tells the story of those who risked their lives during the siege
- Piskariovksoye Memorial Cemetery - a sobering reminder of the lives that were lost during the Second World War and siege of Leningrad
- St Petersburg - Nevsky Prospekt, museum and university district, Church of Spilled Blood, the Bronze Horseman and the Peter and Paul Fortress
- Road of Life - an iconic road that was used to bring supplies to Leningrad, and to help women and children escape
- Diorama Museum - depicts the events of one of the most crucial battles of the siege
- Military parade and fireworks - to honour those whose lives were lost during this tragic time
- 7 nights accommodation in a selection of 3 star hotels
- Escorted by English speaking guide
- Airport arrival transport to hotel
- All relevant entrance fees
- 7 breakfasts
- All relevant transfers and transportation
- Day train from Moscow to St Petersburg
What's Not Included
- International flights and visas
- Tips for your tour leader and guide
- Departure transfer from hotel to airport - however can be arranged upon request
- Tipping Kitty: $25-30 USD