Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room. The 'Single supplement' applies for single travellers who require their own room and needs to be added to the 'Twin/Double' price.
If you are happy to be paired up with another single traveller of the same sex on your tour, this can be arranged, thus avoiding the single person supplement. All our group tours are guaranteed to depart subject to a minimum of 2 travellers.
|4 Berth Sleeper Train Upgrade Moscow - Pskov
|The Big Russki - 9 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Enjoy a little skiing action on our Trans-Siberian adventure or winter Russia tours, where you can cross country ski in rural Pskov, beside the mighty Lake Baikal in Siberia or up in Russia's wild Ural Mountains. |
||On many of our group tours we provide the chance to get to experience certain aspects of Russian culture that visitors often miss – the Russian Banya (Sauna) and a once top secret underground bunker. In Pskov we take you to a Banya where you can get out of the cold and experience the healing properties for yourself, just watch out for the Bannik! In Moscow you can step back in time to the clandestine and tense era of the Cold War and enjoy an interactive tour of the secret bunker turned museum.|
||One of Russia’s most iconic images is undoubtedly St Basil’s Cathedral, with its riotously colourful tent roofs and twisting onion shaped domes, each with their own distinctive pattern and colour scheme. Located on Red Square in Moscow, opposite the Kremlin, St Basil’s Cathedral was commissioned by Ivan the Terrible in 1552 to mark the 1552 capture of Kazan from Mongol forces. It was designed by architect Postnik Yakovlev and completed in 1561. According to legend, Ivan was so ‘blown away’ at the beauty and intricacy of Postnik’s work; he had him blinded so that he would never be able to design anything as fantastical again!|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Other sites of St Petersburg included on the optional pukka pass
- Pechory - ancient monastery
- St Petersburg - UNESCO-listed city area including Nevsky Prospekt, Museum and University districts, Church on Spilled Blood (exterior only), The Bronze Horseman, Peter and Paul Fortress and Admiralty End
- Pskov - ancient town near Estonian border with a riverside Kremlin and cathedral
- Moscow - UNESCO-listed Red Square, Kremlin and Lenin’s Mausoleum, St Basil’s Cathedral and Gorky Park
- St Petersburg Hermitage at the Winter Palace
- 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- 1 overnight train Pskov - Moscow (open sleeper cabin) including bed linen
- Guided sightseeing - St Petersburg, the Hermitage at Winter Palace, Peter and Paul Fortress, Pskov, Pechory, Moscow city and Kremlin
- Moscow Metro travel card - 6 journeys
- Ice skating in Gorky Park
- NOTE: In Russia On The Go use 3 star and 4 star accommodation as classified by the Russian Ministry of Tourism. However, please be aware that 3 star and 4 star standards throughout Russia vary greatly and cannot be compared to hotels of a similar standard in Western Europe or, and in particular, the United States.
- 7 nights 3 star hotels
- Airport arrival transfer on day 1
- Russian banya (sauna) experience
- Escorted by an English speaking Russian tour leader
- All relevant transfers and transportation on tour
What's Not Included
- International flights and visa
- Entrance Fees: $50-60 USD
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
The hotels listed below are ones which we frequently use on this tour. We reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
Ibis St Petersburg Centre - St Petersburg
From the popular hotel chain, the Ibis St Petersburg Centre is a modern, comfortable hotel. Guest rooms are stylish with sleek wooden flooring and bright spacious interiors. Wi-Fi is available in both the rooms and the rest of the hotel. The hearty all you can eat Russian and International breakfast is a great way to start your day.
The hotel is located in the centre, close to Nevsky Prospekt (the main shopping avenue of the city) and only 500 metres from St Petersburg railway station.
|Our Rating : Standard —
Local Rating: 3 Star Hotel
Dvor Podznoeva - Pskov and Pechory
Set in two buildings, the Dvor Podznoeva is a comfortable modern hotel perfect for exploring Pskov. Rooms are spacious and well equipped. The hotel boasts a number of good restaurants including a beer house style one with lots of excellent local specialities. The hotel also offers guest Wi-Fi.
Well located just a short walk form the best parts of Pskov.
|Our Rating : Superior —
Local Rating: 4 Star Hotel
Izmailovo Gamma Delta - Moscow
Formerly part of the Olympic Village at the 1980 Moscow Olympics, Divided into two wings, Gamma and Delta - thhe Izmailovo Gamma Delta is part of one of the biggest hotels in the world. The rooms are comfortable and with modern amenities and there is also a number of excellent restaurants plus a gym and swimming pool. On arrival to the hotel guests are often welcomed with chocolate and still bottled mineral water.
Well located with good access to transport links.
|Our Rating : Standard —
Local Rating: 3 Star Hotel