Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’ based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults in twin/double occupancy. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required.
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen standard of accommodation, room availability, as well as time of travel - the beauty of private journeys is that they can depart on any day of the year, subject to seasonal variants.
Reductions will apply if you are happy to replace private touring with shared touring for some of the destinations visited on your itinerary. Please bear this in mind if comparing prices as we always aim to deliver exceptional value.
Please note that discounts will apply if there are more 4 or more people in your travelling party, since fixed costs like transportation and guiding are shared across the group.
|Avenue of the Volcanoes - 13 days
|Avenue of the Volcanoes - 13 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Quito and the Centre of the World – touring of the UNESCO-listed colonial city and a visit to the Equatorial Monument
- Cotopaxi National Park – the Avenue of the Volcanoes with visits to the Quilotoa crater and Limpiopungo Lagoon
- Baños – enjoy a stroll in the spa town
- Alausí and the Devil’s Nose – ride the 100-year old train along its dramatic zig-zag mountain route
- Gualaceo Valley – local handicrafts and scenic villages
- Otavalo – rich cultural heritage and excellent handicrafts market full of artisan goods
- Indian markets in the Cotopaxi region
- Route of the Cascades – the impressive Devil’s Cauldron
- Cuenca – the colonial jewel of the south with overhanging houses along the Tomebamba River and a visit to a Panama Hat factory
- El Cajas National Park – glacial lakes and small forests of quinua trees
- 12 nights standard accommodation (superior and deluxe hotels available on request)
- Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 13 (on a shared basis)
- Entrance fees to all sites included in the itinerary
- Return train journey from Alausí along the Devil’s Nose
- Otalvalo Handcraft and Lunch tour, and Spirit of the Andes Express excursion on a shared basis (private touring available for a supplement)
- 12 breakfasts, 10 lunches and 5 dinners
- Services of local English-speaking specialist guides
- Tour of Quito, Cotopaxi National Park, Gualaceo Valley and El Cajas National Park on a private basis
- All relevant transfers and transportation on a private basis unless otherwise stated
What's Not Included
- International flights and visas
- Tipping – an entirely personal gesture
- Laundry, drinks and items of a personal nature