Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’ based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults in twin/double occupancy. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required.
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen standard of accommodation, room availability, as well as time of travel - the beauty of private journeys is that they can depart on any day of the year, subject to seasonal variants.
Reductions will apply if you are happy to replace private touring with shared touring for some of the destinations visited on your itinerary. Please bear this in mind if comparing prices as we always aim to deliver exceptional value.
Please note that discounts will apply if there are more 4 or more people in your travelling party, since fixed costs like transportation and guiding are shared across the group.
|Darwin’s Eden - 9 days
|Darwin’s Eden - 9 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
If you are interested in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Sail the open seas aboard a traditional gulet in Turkey or island hop the picturesque Dalmation Coast in Croatia. See the best of ancient Egypt onboard a Nile cruiser or dahabeya, cruise through the breathtaking three gorges of the Yangtze River in China or along the Euphrates in Syria or the stunning Neva and Volga Rivers in Russia. Or those with a real sense of adventure can to travel to end of the world on an incredible Antarctic expedition, witness a wildlife extravaganza on the remote Galapagos Islands or explore mighty Amazon Rainforest on a riverboat. |
||The remote Galapagos Islands which lie 1000kms off the coast of Equador are a nature lovers paradise. The volcanic archipelago consists of 13 large islands, 6 small ones and scores of islets, which served as a living laboratory for Charles Darwin, the renowned evolution theorist. The present day Galapagos Islands have a population of around 18,000 people and attract visitors from around the world, all in search of close encounters with the diverse and unique array of animal, marine and bird life, from penguins, sea lions and iguanas to comical blue-footed boobies and giant Galapagos tortoises after which the islands were named.
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Quito and the Centre of the World – touring of the UNESCO-listed colonial city and a visit to the Equatorial Monument
- North Seymour Island – bird colonies of blue-footed boobies
- Punta Espinoza – walking across the barren wilderness of dark lava
- Santa Cruz Island – the famous Charles Darwin Research Station
- The Galápagos – a cruise along the western islands
- Punta Vicente Roca – dramatic geology and flightless cormorant nesting spots
- Isabela Island – Tagus Cove and Urbina Bay for hiking, swimming and snorkelling opportunities
- Floreana Island – Post Office Bay for a unique way of mailing postcards, Baroness Cove for superb views and Cormorant Point for flamingo-spotting
- 3 nights standard accommodation in Quito (superior and deluxe hotels available on request)
- 8 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners
- Services of local English-speaking specialist guide in Quito
- Entrance fees to sites visited in Quito
- Tour of Quito on a private basis
- All touring and excursions in Galapagos on a shared basis
- 5 nights aboard the M/V Santa Cruz on a full board basis - main deck twin cabin (upgrades available on request)
- All airport transfers (on a shared basis)
- Services of professional English-speaking naturalist guides in the Galápagos
- Return flights from Quito to Baltra Island
- All relevant transfers and transportation
What's Not Included
- International flights and visas
- Laundry, drinks and items of a personal nature
- Galápagos National Park entrance fee (budget approx. $100 USD per person)
- Tipping – an entirely personal gesture