Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’ based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults in twin/double occupancy. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required.
Prices shown are based upon travel in low season, staying in standard hotels (superior and deluxe hotels are available upon request).
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen standard of accommodation, room availability, as well as time of travel - the beauty of private journeys is that they can depart on any day of the year, subject to seasonal variants.
|Wilds of Ecuador - 16 days
|Wilds of Ecuador - 16 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
If you are interested in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||With 70 percent of the planet's surface under water, there is a whole aquatic world, just waiting to be discovered! Marine life provides some of the world's most incredible wildlife spectacles. From whales, dolphins, seals and penguins in the Galapagos and icy waters of Antarctica to brightly coloured tropical fish, amazing coral and sea turtles in the Red Sea.
||Shop til you drop and experience a myriad of different sights, sounds and souvenirs in bustling bazaars around the world. Soak up the atmosphere in the souks of Marrakech, barter for bargains at the ginormous Grand Bazaar in Istanbul or lose yourself in Beijing's Silk Alley Markets. Visit the old covered market in Damascus or get some great souvenirs in Otavalo the handicraft market in Ecuador.|
||Sail the open seas aboard a traditional gulet in Turkey or island hop the picturesque Dalmation Coast in Croatia. See the best of ancient Egypt onboard a Nile cruiser or dahabeya, cruise through the breathtaking three gorges of the Yangtze River in China or along the Euphrates in Syria or the stunning Neva and Volga Rivers in Russia. Or those with a real sense of adventure can to travel to end of the world on an incredible Antarctic expedition, witness a wildlife extravaganza on the remote Galapagos Islands or explore mighty Amazon Rainforest on a riverboat. |
||The beautiful Amazon rainforest covers most of the Amazon Basin of South America, the majority of which is contained with in Brazil, then Peru and smaller amounts in Ecuador and Bolivia and other South American countries.|
||The remote Galapagos Islands which lie 1000kms off the coast of Equador are a nature lovers paradise. The volcanic archipelago consists of 13 large islands, 6 small ones and scores of islets, which served as a living laboratory for Charles Darwin, the renowned evolution theorist. The present day Galapagos Islands have a population of around 18,000 people and attract visitors from around the world, all in search of close encounters with the diverse and unique array of animal, marine and bird life, from penguins, sea lions and iguanas to comical blue-footed boobies and giant Galapagos tortoises after which the islands were named.
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Quito and the Centre of the World – touring of the UNESCO-listed colonial city and a visit to the Equatorial Monument
- Otavalo – popular handicraft market
- El Cajas National Park - glacial lakes and small forests of quinua trees
- San Cristóbal Island – the colony of bachelor sea lions at Punta Pitt
- South Plaza Island – striking black lava rock formations and bright orange ‘Sally Lightfoot’ crabs
- Española Island – the bird colonies of Punta Suárez and a stroll along Gardener Bay
- The Amazon Rainforest – jungle excursions on foot and by boat with plenty of wildlife spotting opportunities along the way
- Cuenca – beautiful colonial city with traditional architecture and houses overhanging the Rio Tomebamba
- The Galápagos – a cruise along the eastern islands
- Santa Fe Island – giant prickly pear cacti and the endemic land iguana
- Santa Cruz Island - the Charles Darwin Research Station home to ‘Lonesome George’
- All touring and excursions in Galapagos on a shared basis
- 4 nights aboard the M/V Santa Cruz on a full board basis
- Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 16 (on a shared basis)
- Services of professional English-speaking naturalist guides in the Galápagos
- All domestic flights
- All relevant transfers and transportation
- 11 nights standard accommodation (superior and deluxe hotels available on request)
- 15 breakfasts, 10 lunches and 7 dinners
- Services of local English-speaking specialist guides for sightseeing excursions
- Entrance fees to sites visited as per itinerary unless otherwise stated
- Tour of Quito and El Cajas National Park on a private basis, and tour of Otavalo on semiprivate basis
What's Not Included
- International flights and visas
- Laundry, drinks and items of a personal nature
- Galápagos National Park entrance fee (budget approx. $100 USD per person)
- Tipping – an entirely personal gesture