Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’, based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required. If travelling solo, an additional ‘1-person’ supplement will apply
Prices are indicative and will vary depending on your chosen hotels, room availability as well as time of travel. Please bear this in mind if comparing prices as we always aim to deliver exceptional value.
Please note that discounts will apply if there are more 4 our more people in your travelling party, since fixed costs like transportation and guiding are shared across the group.
|Beyond Halong & the Mekong - 14 days
|Beyond Halong & the Mekong - 14 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||Take a break in the bustling metropolis of Bangkok, a steamy and cosmopolitan city of contrasts that guarantees to be a feast for all the senses. From gleaming skyscrapers, exquisite golden palaces and
ornate temples, to eclectic markets, picturesque canals and bustling streets filled with hawkers and horn honking tuk tuks.|
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Experience the thrill of white water and white knuckles tubing at Saklikent Gorge in Turkey or rafting the mighty Zambezi River in Africa. Take a catamaran along the winding rivers of the Ural Mountains in Russia or for the ultimate thrill, kayak between the limestone peaks of Halong Bay in Vietnam or the icy waters of Antarctica, amongst seals, penguins and perhaps even whales!|
||Cook up a storm at the Petra Kitchen in Jordan, in palm-fringed Goa, magical Marrakech or in vibrant Vietnam, where you'll learn the art of cooking Jordanian, Indian, Moroccan or Vietnamese dishes, on courses designed especially for the enthusiastic home cook. Let the tropical sun and our expert chefs ensure you return home tanned and talented!|
||We offer a range of opportunities for you to get to know the locals and learn about their culture and lifestyle whilst travelling. The best way to learn about any culture is to live in the homes of the people, and participate in day to day activities. Whether its through community visits, accompanying Berbers in Morocco on their bi-annual migration or using homestay accommodation where you can experience real local warmth and hospitality.|
||Get off the beaten track on one of our trekking expeditions. Hike in the rugged High Atlas mountains and the lush valley terrain in Morocco, climb to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, through the stunning Annapurna region in Nepal or follow in the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary to the base camp of mighty Mt Everest! Journey to South America and follow the legendary Inca Trail up to Machu Picchu, trek to the Rose City of Petra in Jordan, or up to the remote hill tribes of the beautiful Tonkinese Alps in Vietnam. We offer all these active adventures and more! |
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Vietnamese Water Puppet Show in Hanoi
- Halong Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay - UNESCO Listed region with thousands of beautiful limestone peaks and islets
- Tra Que - rural farming village outside Hoi An
- Saigon - Cosmopolitan and commercial hub of Vietnam; Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and the War Remnants Museum
- Mekong Delta - one of the world’s greatest river regions. Cai Be Floating Market, Mekong Delta river cruise, Vinh Long rural life and Vinh Trang Pagoda
- Hanoi - the 'Paris of the Orient' and capital of Vietnam; Cyclo tour around the Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple, Museum of Ethnology
- Mai Chau - beautiful valley surrounded by mountains. Pom Coong and Lac Thai villages
- Hoi An - UNESCO Listed former merchant trading post, famed for its beautifully preserved architecture
- Cu Chi Tunnels - vast underground network of tunnels used by the Viet Cong
- Saigon Cooking School and Ben Thanh Market
- 11 nights 4 star hotels (3 or 5 star options are available)
- 1 night at a homestay in Vinh Long (Mekong Delta
- 2 domestic economy flights: Hanoi to Dan Nang and Da Nang to Saigon
- All transfers and transportation in private air conditioned vehicles
- Guided tour of Hanoi, Hoi An, Cu Chi Tunnels and Saigon
- Vietnamese Water Puppet Performance in Hanoi
- Mekong Delta - private boat cruise and visit to floating markets
- Saigon Vietnamese Cooking lesson
- 1 night aboard a Halong Bay Junk boat
- 13 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 3 dinner
- Airport arrival and departure transfer
- Services of an English speaking guide for all scheduled sightseeing
- Tra Que village experience including bike ride
- Halong Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay overnight Junk boat cruise
- Mai Chau - village walk and dance performance
What's Not Included
- International flights and visas. Vietnam visa letter included - stamping fee required upon arrival
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture