Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room. The 'Single supplement' applies for single travellers who require their own room and needs to be added to the 'Twin/Double' price.
If you are happy to be paired up with another single traveller of the same sex on your tour, this can be arranged, (if another solo traveller of the same sex is already booked upon the tour), thus avoiding the single person supplement.
This tour is also available on a private basis - for details please see the Supplementary Prices at the bottom of this page.
Tour Pricing & Deposits:
In Burma tourism is relatively new and at this point in time demand exceeds supply meaning that hotels and the local airlines tend to increase prices on a whim. We are required to pay for hotels up front in order to book rooms and for this reason it is necessary for us to collect a higher deposit at time of booking which is non refundable. Furthermore due to airline policy, domestic flight tickets in Burma cannot be issued until a few days prior to departure, which means that airfares are subject to change without prior notice, until the tickets are issued. This means it may be necessary to add a supplement to your tour cost.
|Private Tour Supplement
|Best of Burma - 12 Days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||Take a break in the bustling metropolis of Bangkok, a steamy and cosmopolitan city of contrasts that guarantees to be a feast for all the senses. From gleaming skyscrapers, exquisite golden palaces and
ornate temples, to eclectic markets, picturesque canals and bustling streets filled with hawkers and horn honking tuk tuks.|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Yangon – Botahtaung Pagoda, Sule Pagoda, Maha Bandoola Park, Chaukhtatgyi Pagoda, Shwedagon Pagoda
- Mingun – the remains of what could have been the world’s largest pagoda, Mingun Bell and Mya Thein Tan pagoda
- Inwa - Maha Aungmye Bonzan Monastery, Mainu Brick Monastery and old watch tower
- Mount Popa – extinct volcano with numerous shrines at the summit
- Pindaya – the Pindaya Caves with Buddha images carved from the limestone rock, ancient Banyan tree and local factories
- Mandalay – the Royal Palace, Shwenandaw Monastery, Kuthodaw Pagoda and Manadalay Hill
- Amarapura - Mahagandaryone monastery, U Bein wooden Bridge and Taung- ta-man lake, Mahar Myat Muni Buddha Image
- Bagan - Nyaung-U local market, Shwezigon pagoda, Kyansitta "Cave" temple, Manuha Temple, Nanpaya, Ananda temple, Thatbuinnyu, Dhamayangyi, Mingalarzedi and local lacquer workshop
- Kalaw – peaceful hill station with the hilltop Thein Taung Pay pagoda and trekking opportunities to local villages
- Inle Lake – local fishermen, floating gardens, stilted villages, Jumping Cat Monastery and Paungdaw Oo Pagoda
- Maximum group size: 24 travellers
- 11 nights standard accommodation. Superior (4 star) and deluxe (5 star) properties are also available.
- One way economy class flights from Yangon – Mandalay – Bagan and Heho (Inle Lake) – Yangon
- Escorted by an English speaking tour guide (for groups of 6 or more) and specialist guides at some sights
- Horse carriage ride in Inwa
- Private boat on Inle Lake and to Mingun
- 11 breakfasts
- Airport arrival and departure transfers on days 1 and 12
- Boat from Mandalay to Bagan OR economy flight when the boat is not running (this is usually between April and October, can vary dependent upon weather conditions)
- All relevant transfers and transportation
- Private sunset boat cruise in Bagan with a cocktail
What's Not Included
- International flights and visa.
- Entrance Fees: $60 - $70 USD
- Tip for your tour guides. We recommend you allow USD$2 - 5 per day, per traveller. Tipping your guides is an entirely personal gesture
- Tipping Kitty: $35 - $40 USD