Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling sharing a twin room/2nd class 4 berth train cabin. The 'single supplement' applies to travellers requiring a single hotel room at stops along the way, train accommodation remains 2nd class 4 berth. Please add this supplement to the 'Twin/Double' price.
If you are a single traveller, a party of two wishing to upgrade to a 2 berth cabin or a party of 3 wishing to exclusively occupy a 4 berth cabin, please contact us for rates and availability. Please note that from May to October all routes are particularly busy and an upgrade may be difficult to obtain.
Please note that train schedules are subject to change, which can alter the itinerary. These train timetable changes are beyond our control. Check with us at time of booking.
Trans Express - 9 Days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||Take in the highlights of Beijing with an excursion to Badaling to walk a section of the legendary Great Wall of china and a guided tour of Tiananmen Square and the vast Forbidden City. Including lunch. Starts/ends: Beijing|
If you are interested in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Transportation isn't simply a practicality, it can be an experience in itself. Enjoy the world's greatest train ride, traversing a third of the globe on the legendary Trans-Siberian or combine six scenic colourful and cultural train journeys through India. |
||Some say it can be seen from space, but unless you’re a top gun at NASA, perhaps you’ll never know. Instead, experience the real deal. One of the Seven Wonders of the World and an enduring symbol of Chinese civilisation and genius, the UNESCO protected Great Wall of China was built as a defensive structure to protect China against marauding invaders from the north.|
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Beijing, the lively and historic capital of China
- Optional extras: Beijing sightseeing Tour - the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City
- Views of Siberian forest, Gobi Desert and Lake Baikal en route
- Moscow - extend your stay to explore Russia’s capital
- Trans-Manchurian & Siberian route
- 2 breakfasts
- Beijing Airport arrival transfer on day 1
- 6 nights on board train (2nd class, 4 berth sleeper cabin)
- 2 nights 3 star hotel Beijing
- Transfer to Beijing rail station (not platform) on day 3
What's Not Included
- Flights and visas
- Laundry, drinks and items of a personal nature
- No meals aboard the train
- This journey is semi-independent and is unescorted. It is not a group departure and you will not have a tour guide.