Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling sharing a twin room/2nd class 4 berth train cabin. The 'single supplement' applies to travellers requiring a single hotel room at stops along the way, train accommodation remains 2nd class 4 berth. Please add this supplement to the 'Twin/Double' price.
If you are a single traveller, a party of two wishing to upgrade to a 2 berth cabin or a party of 3 wishing to exclusively occupy a 4 berth cabin, please contact us for rates and availability. Please note that from May to October all routes are particularly busy and an upgrade may be difficult to obtain.
Please note that train schedules are subject to change, which can alter the itinerary. These train timetable changes are beyond our control. Check with us at time of booking.
The Naadam Festival - 14 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||We offer a range of opportunities for you to get to know the locals and learn about their culture and lifestyle whilst travelling. The best way to learn about any culture is to live in the homes of the people, and participate in day to day activities. Whether its through community visits, accompanying Berbers in Morocco on their bi-annual migration or using homestay accommodation where you can experience real local warmth and hospitality.|
||Plan your trip to coincide with many of our destinations most fascinating and entertaining festivals. Witness the Sun Festival at Abu Simbel in Egypt, see the incredible ice sculptures at China's Harbin Ice Festival, get messy at Holi - India's festival of colour or join the technicoloured congregation of camels, cattle and humanity at the Pushkar Camel Fair. |
||Transportation isn't simply a practicality, it can be an experience in itself. Enjoy the world's greatest train ride, traversing a third of the globe on the legendary Trans-Siberian or combine six scenic colourful and cultural train journeys through India. |
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Moscow, capital of Russia
- Views of Siberian forest, Gobi Desert and Lake Baikal en route
- Beijing, extend your stay to explore the capital
- Experience traditional Mongolian life staying at a Ger Camp in Terelj National Park and visit a nomadic family
- Trans-Siberian, Mongolian & Manchurian route
- Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia’s laid-back capital city
- The Naadam Festival - Mongolia's famous annual festival. Witness Mongolians vie for victory in the ancient tradition of Mongolian warriors as they do battle in the three manly games.
- 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- 6 nights on board train (2nd class, 4 berth sleeper cabin)
- 3 nights 3 star hotel Ulaan Baatar
- A visit to a nomadic family and Turtle Rock in Terelj National Park, escorted by a local guide.
- Moscow airport arrival transfer on day 1
- Return rail station transfers in Ulaan Baatar
- Train journey: Moscow - Beijing
- 2 nights 3 star hotel in Moscow
- 2 nights camping in a traditional Ger Camp in Terelj National Park including return transfer from Ulaan Baatar.
- Entrance to the Naadam Festival for the opening and closing ceremony. Escorted by a local guide for the opening day.
- Transfer to Moscow train station (not platform) on day 3
What's Not Included
- Flights and visas
- Laundry, drinks and items of a personal nature
- No meals aboard the train