Istanbul: The Ottoman Empire - 1/2 day
FROM USD $159
Explore Istanbul and discover the legacy left behind by the Ottoman Empire, from the opulent Topkapi Palace to the stunning Blue Mosque. Plus try your hand at bargaining at the Grand Bazaar on this Istanbul Half Day Tour.
All our day tours are guaranteed to depart when bookings are made more than 96 hours prior to departure.
Start the day at the magnificent Topkapi Palace, which was the royal residence of Ottoman Sultans for almost four centuries. Originally constructed between 1460 and 1478, the lavish palace boasts four lush courtyards made up of pavilions, kitchens, barracks and kiosks; an impressive treasury with an assortment of treasures and artefacts; and fantastic views over the Sea of Marmara. Plus don’t forget the palace’s most famous attraction, the Harem, what would have been the imperial family’s private quarters.
Next stop is the stunning Blue Mosque, boasting voluptuous curves, six towering minarets, and a large walled courtyard. The interior of the mosque is equally impressive, with luminous stained-glass windows, soaring domed ceilings, hanging chandeliers and fine blue iznik tiles. The Blue Mosque is still an important religious sanctum, and sees countless worshipers pass through its main doors every day. There is also a small mosque on the corner of the complex that houses the tomb of Sultan Ahmed I. End the day at the behemoth Grand Bazaar, a chaotic labyrinth of lanes, mosques, boutiques, artisan workshops, and market stalls. Browse the shops, try your hand at bargaining, and try a cup of the thick sweet Turkish coffee.
Prices & Departure Dates
The 'per person' price is based on 2 persons or more undertaking the day tour together. If you are travelling solo and booking this tour on your own the 'Single supplement' needs to be added to the 'per person' price.
All our day tours are guaranteed to depart when bookings are made more than 72 hours prior to departure.
Istanbul: The Ottoman Empire - 1/2 day Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Topkapi Palace - opulent royal residence of Ottoman Sultans for almost four centuries
- Grand Bazaar - chaotic labyrinth of lanes, mosques, boutiques, artisan workshops, and market stalls
- Blue Mosque - important religious sanctum with stunning interior and exterior
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as detailed in the itinerary
- Return transfers from your designated pick-up point in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Escorted by an English speaking, degree qualified Turkish tour guide
What's Not Included
- International flights and visa
- Transfer pick-up outside of Taksim & Old City. Hotels outside this region require additional transfers.
- Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow USD$5-10 per person. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture