Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are ‘per person’, based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults. The single supplement price needs to be added to the twin/double price if single rooms are required. If travelling solo, an additional ‘1-person’ supplement will apply.
Prices are based upon 3 star accommodation, an upgrade to 4 or 5 star hotels is available upon request, please contact us for pricing.
Departs daily. When choosing your travel dates please bear in mind that Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays, Hagia Sofia is closed on Mondays and the Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays.
|City of Sultans - 4 day City Stay
|City of Sultans - 4 day City Stay Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||Located in the Sea of Marmara off the coast of Istanbul,
the Princes’ Islands are a chain of nine islands offering a
peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Turkey’s
largest city. There are no cars on the islands and the main
mode of transportation is horse and cart or bicycle, giving
the islands a wonderful nostalgic vibe. Buyukada is the
largest island of the nine and one of the most attractive
with two peaks and gingerbread-style villas lining the
||Discover the dynamic and cosmopolitan city of Sofia, an intoxicating mix of east-meets-west with grand onion-domed churches and imposing Ottoman mosques standing alongside modern shopping malls and a thriving scene of museums, galleries and restaurants. Compact enough to explore on foot, Sofia is an attractive city with enough culture and historic sites to keep you entertained for days. |
If you are interesting in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Shop til you drop and experience a myriad of different sights, sounds and souvenirs in bustling bazaars around the world. Soak up the atmosphere in the souks of Marrakech, barter for bargains at the ginormous Grand Bazaar in Istanbul or lose yourself in Beijing's Silk Alley Markets. Visit the old covered market in Damascus or get some great souvenirs in Otavalo the handicraft market in Ecuador.|
||Want to see how the other half live? Then take a look at our selection of tours that visit all the best palaces and forts around the world. Many of the wonderfully ornate edifices that we visit are now historical museums and sites of interest allowing you to have a good old look around. And when you've had your fill of sightseeing, it's time to live like a king and stay in one of the many hotels that have been converted from a palace or fort! |
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Istanbul - Sultanahmet (Old Istanbul) The Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia and Topkapi Palace
- Cruise along the Bosphorus Strait
- Egyptian Spice Market and the Grand Bazaar
- Beyerbeyi Palace and Buyuk Camilica - the city's highest vantage point
- 3 breakfasts and 2 lunches
- Airport arrival transfer on day 1 from Istanbul's Ataturk International Airport
- English speaking, degree qualified Turkish tour guide on day 2 and 3
- Transportation in a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- 3 nights 3 star hotel (Upgrade to a 4 or 5 star available upon request)
- Guided sightseeing of Istanbul sights - day 2 and 3 including a Bosphorus Cruise
- Relevant transfers and transportation
- Entrance fees to all included sites
What's Not Included
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- International flights and visa