Prices & Departure Dates
Prices shown are per person travelling. 'Twin/Double' prices per person apply when there are 2 people travelling, sharing a room. The 'Single supplement' applies for single travellers who require their own room and needs to be added to the 'Twin/Double' price. If you are happy to be paired up with another single traveller of the same sex on your tour, this can be arranged, thus avoiding the single person supplement.
All our scheduled tour departures are guaranteed subject to a minimum of 2 travellers.
|Christmas Turkey - 12 days Go Guide
: :Check out the go guide for details of the tour, info on visas, climate, money, what to bring and more!
Make the most of your time away! Listed below are the optional activities that are available on this trip. Please note that you will need to book these prior to travel as we cannot always guarantee availability of these activities once you are on holiday.
||Located in the Sea of Marmara off the coast of Istanbul,
the Princesâ€™ Islands are a chain of nine islands offering a
peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Turkeyâ€™s
largest city. There are no cars on the islands and the main
mode of transportation is horse and cart or bicycle, giving
the islands a wonderful nostalgic vibe. Buyukada is the
largest island of the nine and one of the most attractive
with two peaks and gingerbread-style villas lining the
||Discover the dynamic and cosmopolitan city of Sofia, an intoxicating mix of east-meets-west with grand onion-domed churches and imposing Ottoman mosques standing alongside modern shopping malls and a thriving scene of museums, galleries and restaurants. Compact enough to explore on foot, Sofia is an attractive city with enough culture and historic sites to keep you entertained for days. |
If you are interested in trips with similar experiences to this one, then check out some of the ones we've listed below.
||Shop til you drop and experience a myriad of different sights, sounds and souvenirs in bustling bazaars around the world. Soak up the atmosphere in the souks of Marrakech, barter for bargains at the ginormous Grand Bazaar in Istanbul or lose yourself in Beijing's Silk Alley Markets. Visit the old covered market in Damascus or get some great souvenirs in Otavalo the handicraft market in Ecuador.|
||Want to see how the other half live? Then take a look at our selection of tours that visit all the best palaces and forts around the world. Many of the wonderfully ornate edifices that we visit are now historical museums and sites of interest allowing you to have a good old look around. And when you've had your fill of sightseeing, it's time to live like a king and stay in one of the many hotels that have been converted from a palace or fort! |
||The mysterious rock formations and underground cities of Cappadocia are perhaps the jewel in Turkeyâ€™s crown. Whole troglodyte villages, subterranean churches and fortresses have been hewn from the soft, porous, eerily eroded rock. The World-Heritage listed Goreme has over 30 magnificently frescoed Byzantine rock churches open for exploration. Taking a
hot air balloon ride over this magical landscape is highly recommended!
Highlights & Inclusions
Below is a list of key highlights and what is included on this tour. Further, where appropriate, we have listed the items that are not included in the tour price.
- Istanbul - Sultanahmet/ old Istanbul, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Underground Cistern and Topkapi Palace
- Troy - Trojan horse and ancient ruins
- Roman ruins of Pergamum and Ephesus
- Demre - home of the original St Nicholas
- Konya - Silk Road & Mevlana Whirling Dervish Museum and Ancient caravanserais en route
- Cappadocia region, fairy chimneys and underground city
- Leather and carpet manufacturing houses
- Gallipoli Peninsular - ANZAC Cove, memorials, trenches and battlefields
- Aegean Coast
- Pamukkale thermal pools and Roman Hierapolis
- Ancient ruins of Perge & Aspendos
- A jolly red suited man flying overhead...calling on dasher and dancer and prancer...
- Ankara - Ataturk's Mausoleum
- 11 breakfasts and 7 dinners including special Christmas Eve Dinner in Antalya overlooking the Mediterranean Sea
- Guided sightseeing of Istanbul including the Blue Mosque, Underground Cistern, Topkapi Palace, Hippodrome and Hagia Sofia
- English speaking, degree qualified Turkish tour guide
- Relevant transfers and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 10 nights 4 star and special class hotels, 1 night 5 star hotel
- Guided sightseeing of Gallipoli, Troy, Ruins of Ephesus and Pergamum, Pamukkale and Roman Hierapolis, Perge, Aspendos, Konya and Cappadocia
- Airport arrival transfer on day 1 and departure transfer (to Ataturk International Airport) on day 12.
What's Not Included
- Tip for your tour guide and driver. We recommend you allow $3 - 5 USD per day, per traveller as a tip for your guide and $2 USD per day for your driver. Tipping your guide and driver is an entirely personal gesture.
- Entrance Fees: $145-155 USD
- International flights and visa
- Tipping Kitty: $35 USD