Peru is hosting this year's World Travel Awards Central and South America Gala - and the country has itself been shortlisted for gongs in five categories.
The Andina news agency reports that Peruvian nominations include:
- Peru in South America's Leading Culinary Destination category
- Lima in South America's Leading Destination section
- Callao, boasting island homes to a rich variety of sea lions and birds, in South America's Leading Cruise Port class
- Machu Picchu, ancient Incan ruins which are Peru's most famous landmark, in South America's Leading Green Destination group
- PromPeru, Peru's Export and Tourism Promotion Board, in South America's Leading Tourism Board 2013 category
The first World Travel Awards Central and South American Gala Ceremony will be hosted in Peru's capital city, Lima, on July 20.
The ceremony will take place in one of Peru's most famous cultural sites - the ancient Huaca Pucllana temple.
Every year this 1,500-year-old landmark entices thousands of tourists to Miraflores on city breaks.
Regional winners will compete against one another in a final round of voting to see who will be crowned in the WTA's world awards.
The winners are announced at December's WTA Grand Final.
|< Newer||Older >|