Sydney BridgeClimb1124 reviews
When you’re ready, follow your expert Climb Leader through a purpose-built tunnel that leads to the bridge. Securely clipped into a safety wire, start to climb the steady incline up the arches of the bridge, traversing catwalks and ladders all the way to the 440-foot (134-meter) summit. At the top, stop to admire panoramic views of Sydney and its surroundings. To the east you can see the sails of the Sydney Opera House and to the west the majestic Blue Mountains are visible in the distance (on a clear day).
Throughout your tour, you can hear your guide via provided headsets. Listen to informative commentary and fun stories about the history of Sydney and the bridge and receive plenty of encouragement during your climb. Your guide stops at scenic points along the way so that you can take in the sights.
The 3.5-hour BridgeClimb is suitable for people with a moderate level of fitness. The 2.5-hour Express Climb proceeds at a faster pace with fewer stops. The 1.5-hour Sampler Climb goes to a halfway point inside the inner arch before returning to the ground. Select a VIVID Climb available during festival dates only.
After all tours, receive a complimentary group photo, commemorative certificate and BridgeClimb cap. Please see more details about each tour under Itinerary below.
- Professional guide
- Commemorative certificate, cap, pass to the Pylon Lookout and group photo
- Entry/Admission - BridgeClimb
- Entry/Admission - Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
This is the original Climb that takes the outer archways of the bridge all the way to the top. Climb up a steady incline and traverse catwalks and ladders, then admire panoramic views of Sydney Harbour and Sydney Opera House. Look out at the Blue Mountains, visible in the distance on a clear day. Choose from a morning or afternoon departure and see the city in full swing.
Dawn BridgeClimb (3.5 Hours):
Take in the breathtaking views of the sun rising over Sydney on a dawn BridgeClimb. Join the first group to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge for the day, departing in the early morning before sunrise. Exact departure time is determined by timing of the sunrise. Receive two additional complimentary photos on this tour.
Twilight BridgeClimb (3.5 Hours):
Get the best of both day and night on this tour, which departs just before sundown. Take in a spectacular sunset and watch the moon and stars appear during your climb. Exact departure time depends on the timing of the sunset.
Night BridgeClimb (3.5 Hours):
Depart after the sun has set on this 3.5-hour tour to the summit. See the sparkling lights of the city and Sydney Harbour below while the stars and moon shimmer above.
BridgeClimb Express (2.25 Hours):
If you don’t have a lot of time or simply prefer a faster route to the summit, the BridgeClimb Express provides an incredible experience. Unlike the longer tour that walks along the outer arches, your route goes through the heart of the structure, which provides a different perspective. With this option, there are fewer steps to climb, fewer stops and the ascent to the top moves at a faster pace. Perfect for those with a higher level of fitness who are looking for an energetic experience within a shorter time frame.
BridgeClimb Sampler (1.5 Hours):
The Sampler is ideal if you have limited time, would like a more economical option or have concerns about heights and prefer not to go to the very top. The climb follows walkways on the inner parts of the bridge, which some people prefer to the exterior walkways used for other climbs. Reach a spectacular vantage point located on the inner arch of the bridge at the highest point of this climb, which is situated about halfway to the top of the bridge. With a maximum of 12 people, you're sure to have customized attention from your expert guide.
The VIVID Climb (3.5 Hours):
Experience the magic of a bird’s-eye view of Sydney as it sparkles during VIVID Sydney 2018. Get spectacular views of the colorful light installations all around the harbor and as you climb the bridge. You'll also take part in the Sydney Harbour Bridge light show when you wear the provided VIVID Climb Vest. You will climb into the frame of a unique festival installation, high above the city, to capture a must-have image to commemorate your VIVID climb. The VIVID Climb will only be available during VIVID Sydney 2018 (May 25 to June 16, 2018).
BridgeClimb Mandarin (2.25 hours):
Take the 2.25-hour BridgeClimb Mandarin with an expert guide who speaks Mandarin fluently.
Mandarin Karaoke Climb (2.25 hours):
Help bring the year of the dog to life and celebrate Chinese New Year with your friends and family by singing your favourite karaoke songs on a stage like no other, on the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge! Choose from a selection of popular Chinese and K-pop songs to sing solo or in a group. Your performance will be yours to keep forever through a complimentary group photograph and an eight second video capturing your sky-high performance. The Karaoke Climb is available in Mandarin only and follows the standard BridgeClimb Express route to the summit. There are several departure times daily available during the Chinese New Year festival only, from February 9 and March 2, 2018.
BridgeClimb Sydney, 3 Cumberland St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions (with the exception of extreme weather conditions such as an electrical storm)
- A reasonable level of fitness with full body control and hand-eye-foot coordination is required
- Every participant will be required to complete a BridgeClimb Declaration Form prior to climb. This will be provided on the day of the climb.
- Climbers 75 years and over can climb with a Certificate of Fitness, signed by their GP
- IMPORTANT: Minimum age is 8 years. Children under 15 years must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum 3 children per adult.
- Minimum height is 4 feet (1.2 meters)
- If you are less than 24 weeks pregnant, you are required to consult a medical practitioner and have a signed consent form. If you are over 24 weeks pregnant, you are unable to climb.
- Alcohol should not be consumed prior to the climb. Every participant will undergo an alcohol breath test and will not be permitted to participate if their blood alcohol concentration reading is 0.05% or higher or if they are under the influence of drugs (legal or illegal)
- Participants should be ready to wear a BridgeSuit over their clothing
- Please wear suitable closed-toe rubber-sole shoes such as running, sport or hiking shoes, that offer comfort, support and grip. PVC and leather soled shoes are not suitable.
- Lockers are provided, as loose objects including but not limited to cameras, video cameras, mobile phones, handbags and any other personal items cannot be taken on the bridge.
- The experience involves climbing high ladders and catwalks, prolonged stair climbing, uneven surfaces and narrow passage ways and exposure to all weather conditions
- Failure to be at the check-in point at the specified departure time or to meet any of the above requirements will result in cancellation without refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews