Bolivia Travel Guide
Get your holiday planning underway with our travel guide resources that cover everything you'll need to know about visiting Bolivia. There's information on when to visit for the best weather and most colourful festivals, as well as a round-up of Bolivia's top attractions. Check what visas you'll need before you travel and swot up on the basics like vaccinations, currency and voltage. If you're looking to explore more of South America, have a look at our multi-country tour combos that feature Bolivia and its neighbours, and discover more about our style of trips.
- Cochabamba!: Water War in Bolivia
by Oscar Olivera
- The Night
by Jaime Saenz
- Whispering in the Giant’s Ear
by William Powers
Facts about Bolivia
- The salt flats of Uyuni constitute the largest deposit of salt in the world, containing 64 million tonnes of the mineral.
- Bolivia is home to the world's largest butterfly sanctuary, the Guembe Biocentre, located just outside of Santa Cruz.
- The Hotel Luna Salada, located on the salt flats, is made entirely from salt blocks, including the furniture.
Bolivia Travel Advice
We keep informed of the latest travel updates for Bolivia and follow advice as set out by the British Foreign Office. Safety of our travellers is paramount and we recommend that you check the latest travel updates from the relevant advisory body in your country.