Borneo Travel Guide
Whether you're visiting for orang-utans, jungle tribes or Mount Kinabalu, you'll want to make sure you're properly prepared for visiting Borneo and you can be with our handy travel guide resources. Here you'll find information on the best time to go and what top attractions you should see when you're there. We also provide details on visas and tips that cover all the essentials from what vaccinations you'll need to the currency.
Plan the perfect time to go with this overview of the seasons and local festivals
by C.S. Godshalk
- Stranger in the Forest: On Foot Across Borneo
by Eric Hansen
- Footprints in the Paddy Fields
by Tina Kisil
Facts about Borneo
- Borneo is home to the Rafflesia Arnoldii flower, which is the world’s largest flower and smells of rotting corpses.
- The arm span of an orang-utan, endemic to Borneo, can reach up to a whopping 8 feet.
- Mount Kinabalu is in Borneo and is the highest peak in all of Southeast Asia, reaching a height of 4,095m.
Borneo Travel Advice
We keep informed of the latest travel guidance to Borneo and follow advice as set out by the British Foreign Office. The safety of our travellers is paramount and we recommend that you check the latest travel advice from the relevant advisory body in your country.