Full Day Angkor Wat Tour by Car4 reviews
Your journey starts at the monumental magnificence of Angkor Thom, the last capital of the great Khmer Empire. You will visit the sprawling Elephant Terrace, the Terrace of the Leper King and the enchanting Bayon. This 12th century masterpiece lies at the very center of Angkor Thom City and is an archaeological wonder of symmetry and grandeur. The exterior gallery walls have extensive bas-reliefs but the main features are the towers each with 3 or 4 gently smiling faces, with over 200 in total.
Part of the greater Bayon temple complex are lesser-known temples yet boast a very interesting story; the Phimeanakas Temple within the Royal Palace enclosure, Baphuon Temple, the Terrace of the Elephants and the Terrace of the Leper King belong to the whole complex and are within easy walking distance of each other. Interwoven in the rich history, these only will add to the magical world called Angkor. Lunch at your leisure (own expense).
After lunch, we visit a favourite amongst visitors because it has become part of the jungle, Ta Prohm was built in the late 12th century by Jayavarman VII as a shrine to his mother and is another must for anyone coming to Siem Reap. While clearing back the forest, it was decided to leave them in place to serve as a reminder of how the original discovers found it and other temples. Many of the trees have grown around and through the remains, and soar high above the temple.
The rest of the afternoon is reserved for the Angkor Wat. Arguably the largest religious building in the world, with a volume of stone equalling that of the Cheops pyramid in Egypt; it is unlike all the other Khmer temples in that it faces west. Its symmetrical towers are stylized on the modern Cambodian flag. Conceived by Suryavarman II, Angkor Wat took an estimated 30 years to build. It is generally believed to have been a funeral temple for the king. Intricate bas-reliefs surround Angkor Wat on four sides. Each tells a story but the most celebrated of these is the Churning of the Sea of Milk, which is located on the east wing, the guide will explain the mystical tale...
You will be able to admire sunset from outside of this temple before going back to your hotel.
- English-speaking guide
- Water and refreshing towel
- Lunch (if option selected)
- 1 day Angkor Pass
- All taxes and service fees included
- Hotel/port/airport/train station pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Angkor Wat
- Entry/Admission - Ta Prohm
- Entry/Admission - Bayon Temple
- Entry/Admission - Terrace of the Elephants
- Entry/Admission - Terrace of the Leper King
- Hotel accommodation in Siem Reap
- Food and drinks
- Pickup and drop-off services for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pickup and drop-off
Your hotel in Siem Reap
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- To visit the Bakan tower of Angkor Wat temple, visitors are required to wear proper attire, covering shoulders and knees to show their culture respect, as this temple is still considered as a sacred site for the Khmer people (no short miniskirt nor short trousers);
- Children under 12 years old are restricted not to climb up the tower
- The tower will be closed on Buddhist Sabbath days, Buddhist religious days, and 4 days a month in accordance with the Lunar Calendar
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 4 recent reviews