Full-Day Angkor Tour by Tuk Tuk from Sunrise35 reviews
Return back to your hotel for breakfast and we move back into the Angkor temples to admire some of the other amazing temple ruins that define Angkor and make it a proud member on the UNESCO World Heritage Site list. Via the South Gate, we visit Angkor Thom. The Great City of Angkor Thom is one of the central points within the whole Angkor Complex, which was probably more opulent than most European cities in the late 12th Century. This ten square kilometers city is enclosed by an eight-meter high wall and encircled by a hundred meter long moat said to have been inhabited by fierce crocodiles.
We continue to the Bayon and the Preah Khan Temple before lunch. The Bayon is a 12th century masterpiece lies at the very center of Angkor Thom City and is an archaeological wonder of symmetry and grandeur. The exterior gallery walls have extensive bas-reliefs but the main features are the towers each with 3 or 4 gently smiling faces, over 200 in total. Continue to Preah Khan, "The Sacred Sword", an extensive monastic complex covering over 56 hectares built by the Khmer King Jayavarman VII as a monastery and teaching complex.
After lunch, our Tuk Tuk takes us to the Ta Nei Temple and the Tao Keo temple near the Eastern Batay. Both lesser-known, yet as interesting as all the other temple ruins, both temples are of late 12th Century and constructed in stone. Both are located near the northwest corner of the East Baray.
We end our day with the Ta Phrom. The Ta Prohm was built in the late 12th century by Jayavarman VII as a shrine to his mother and is another must for anyone coming to Siem Reap. While clearing back the forest, it was decided to leave them in place to serve as a reminder of how the original discovers found it and other temples.
Our Tuk Tuk waits at the Eastern Gate and brings you back in comfort back to your hotel where you will arrive at around 18:00 hrs.
- Tours and transfer from and to your Siem Reap Hotel with driver and English speaking guide by tuk tuk
- 1 Day Angkor Pass
- Water and refreshing towel
- All taxes and service fees included
- Entry/Admission - Angkor Wat
- Other entrance fees and expenses, such as meals (breakfast, lunch and / or dinner), drinks and optional excursions
- Hotel accommodation in Siem Reap
- Tips and gratuities
Your booked Siem Reap Hotel
Your booked Siem Reap Hotel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Pick-up time for sunrise is subject to seasonal time
- To visit the Bakan tower of Angkor Wat temple, visitors are required to wear proper attire, covering shoulders and knees to show their culture respect, as this temple is still considered as a sacrificial site for the Khmer people (no short miniskirt nor short trousers). Children under twelve years old are restricted not to climb up the tower. The tower will be closed on the Buddhist Sabbath Days, the Buddhist religious days and four days a month in accordance with Lunar Calendar
- The participants will have to sign a disclaimer form before taking the activity
- Minimum age is 2 years
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct name or the registration name (which is also the name of your hotel booking and hotel information),should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews