Experience Beijing: Chinese Cooking Class and Market Tour55 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hutong cuisine Cooking School (Beijing Cooking School), Beijing
Meet your guide at Deng Cao Hutong in the morning and head to a nearby food market for a 1.5-hour walking tour. Browse fresh produce and listen as your guide, a professional cooking instructor, explains the different kinds of vegetables, spices and sauces. Gather up and purchase your fresh ingredients (included) and make your way down a hutong (alleyway) to a local family’s home to begin your class.
Depending on the day, your instructor teaches you to make dim sum — small savory snacks that contain a variety of fillings; or you learn to make main dishes, ranging from Sichuan-inspired to Cantonese and others. One day per week your chef prepares a vegetarian menu, which will be advised when you make your booking. Have the option to switch to another day if you wish.
Discover kitchen skills, like how to use woks and cleavers, and learn how to make delicious flavorful dishes. When cooking dim sum, you’ll make two tasty selections, which may include soup dumplings, wontons, egg tarts, barbequed pork buns, sweet sesame rolls, dandan noodles or stir-fried noodles.
In the class on main-course options, your instructor will demonstrate how to make four meat or vegetable dishes, and you’ll practice making three of the selections. The inspiration for the flavors range from Sichuan-inspired to Cantonese and other regional cuisines.
Meals that you make may include kung pao chicken, steamed fish with ginger, stir-fried beef and peppers, spicy chicken salad and sweet and sour pork. At least one vegetarian dish is prepared each day.
When you’re finished cooking, relax in the 150-year-old Qing dynasty-era courtyard and enjoy the meal you’ve created!
To see the map of your tour, click on the View Additional Info button below.
Duration: 5 hours
- Cooking class
- Market tour
- All equipment and ingredients
- Lunch with tea and water
- Professional English-speaking teacher
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
35 Deng Cao Hutong,Dong Si South StreetDongcheng District, Beijing
No. 35 Dengcao Hutong, Dongsi South StreetDongcheng District, Beijing
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Menu is set and varies daily; at least one vegetarian dish is included in each set menu
- Menu will feature an all-vegetarian class as well as a dim sum class once a week. Please confirm with local operator if you would like to reschedule to participate in those classes. Likewise, please reschedule with operator if you would like to participate in a non-vegetarian class
- Closed-toe walking shoes are recommended for market tour
- Minimum age is 15 years
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews