Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus Tai O Boat Ride37 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lantau island, Hong Kong China
The highlight is riding the cable car to visit Tian Tan Big Buddha, exploring Tai O fishing village by boat ride
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Tung Chung, North of Lantao Islands District, New Territories West, Hong Kong China
Access of group Entry to skip the line. Take cable car ride from Tung Chung to Ngong Ping ( mountain top ).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ngong Ping 360, 11 Tat Tung Road, Tung Chung, Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
Ngong Ping Cable Car connects Tung Chung and Ngong Ping. The 5.7km cable car journey offers visitors spectacular 360 degree panoramic views of South China Sea, Hong Kong International Airport, North Lantau Country Park and Giant Buddha.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha), Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
The world’s largest outdoor seated bronze Buddha. Take in 360-degree views of the island’s forested hillsides and blue-green water as you soar toward the towering 112-foot (34-m) statue.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Po Lin (Precious Lotus) Monastery, Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
Known as the "Buddhist Kingdom in the South", Po Lin Monastery is the most popular Buddhist temple in HK. Lunch will be served at the Po Lin Monastery, it is a Chinese Vegetarian cuisine which is a culture heritage from ancient China.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Tai O, Hong Kong China
Take boat ride around Tai O village to see the stilts house. In summer time, you can see Pink Dolphin in this area.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Pickup from major centrally located hotels. Or meet tour guide & other tourists at a departure point
- Do you pickup from my hotel, or ask me to go to a departure point? Book now and see pickup time.
- Group Entry to skip the line. Take cable car ride to mountain top from Tung Chung to Ngong Ping.
- On mountain top, shuttle bus to Buddha after taking cable car, you do not need to climb 268 steps.
- Boat ride in Tai O Village to see the stilts houses. Pink Dolphin can be seen sometimes in summer.
- Chinese style vegetarian lunch at Po Lin Monastery
- Return cable car ride to Tung Chung, see the world's longest sea crossing HKG-MACAO bridge from sky.
- Tour ends in Tung Chung at 4pm, then you will take 1-hour coach back to your hotel in downtown.
- You will meet tour guide and others at a meeting place so be prepared for a lengthy tour start time.
- You will be back to hotel at about 18:30. The actual time depends on traffic in rush hour.
- If you do not offer a preferred pickup place or address, you will receive cancellation note & refund
- Pickup service is not available from airport, cruise terminal, subway station and railway station.
- Airport (no pickup): Meet in W Hotel at 10:00. Take airport express to Kowloon Station, Exit D1.
- Kai Tak Cruise Terminal (no pickup): Meet in Harbour Plaza Metropolis (7 Metropolis Drive) at 10:20.
- West Kowloon Station (no pickup): Meet in B P International House (8 Austin Road) at 10:00.
- Service of English speaking tour guide during all transfers and sightseeing
- Entry/Admission - Ngong Ping 360
- Entry/Admission - Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha)
- Entry/Admission - Tai O
- Gratuities for guide and driver (recommended)
- 2-way taxi fare between your hotel and the departure point if your hotel is not in the pickup list.
9/3/2019 - 9/5/2019
|Tuesday - Thursday:||12:00 AM - 11:30 PM|
1: Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong, 50 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
2: Harbour Grand Hong Kong, 香港北角油街二十三號, North Point, Hong Kong
3: Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees, 199 Kowloon City Rd, To Kwa Wan, Hong Kong
4: Harbour Plaza Metropolis, 7 Metropolis Dr, Hung Hom, Hong Kong
5: Imperial Hotel, 32-34 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
6: The Kowloon Hotel, 19-21 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
7: Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel, 3 Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
8: Marco Polo Prince Hotel, Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, Canton Rd, 23號號
9: Royal Plaza Hotel, 193 Prince Edward Rd W, Kadoorie Hill, Hong Kong
10: The Cityview, 23 Waterloo Rd, Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong
11: InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, No. 70, Mody Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Hong Kong
12: Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, Hong Kong Convention And Exhibition Centre, 1 Harbour Rd, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
13: Metropark Hotel Mongkok, 22 Lai Chi Kok Rd, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
14: B. P. International House, Kwun Chung, Hong Kong
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up to the following hotels:
Attiude on Granville Hotel
B P International House
Best Western Grand Hotel
Best Western Hotel Causeway Bay
Best Western Plus Hotel Kowloon
Best Western Plus Hotel Sheung Wan
Booth Lodge (The Salvation Army)
Butterfly on Morrison
Butterfly on Prat
Butterfly on Victoria
Caritas Bianchi Lodge
Conrad Hong Kong
Cordis, Hong Kong
Courtyard By Marriott
Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Causeway Bay
Dorsett Mong Kok Hotel
Empire Hotel, Causeway Bay
Empire Hotel, Wanchai
Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
Gloucester Luk Kwok Hotel
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
Grand View Hotel
Guangdong Hotel HK
Harbour Grand Hong Kong
Harbour Grand Kowloon
Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees
Harbour Plaza Metropolis
Harbour Plaza North Point
Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok
Holiday Inn Express Causeway Bay HK
Holiday Inn Golden Mile
Hotel Bonaparte By Rhombus
Hotel Jen Hong Kong
Hotel Panorama by Rhombus
Hyatt Regency HK TST
IBIS Hong Kong Central & Sheung Wan
Intercontinental Grand Stanford HK
JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
Kerry Hotel HK
Kew Green Hotel Wanchai
Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel
L'Hotel Causeway Bay Harbour View
Langham Hotel, HK (TST)
Marco Polo Gateway Hotel
Marco Polo HK Hotel
Marco Polo Prince Hotel
Metropark Hotel Kowloon
Metropark Hotel Mong Kok
Metropark Hotel, Causeway Bay
New World Millennium HK
Novotel Century Hong Kong
Novotel Nathan Road Kowloon HK
Regal Hong Kong
Regal Kowloon Hotel
Regal Oriental Hotel
Renaissance Harbour View
Rosedale Hong Kong
Rosedale Hotel Kowloon Mongkok
Royal Plaza Hotel
Sheraton HK Hotel & Towers
Silka Seaview Hotel
Silka West Kowloon Hotel
South China Hotel
South Pacific Hotel
Stanford Hillview Hotel
Stanford Hotel (MongKok)
The Charterhouse Causeway Bay
The City View
The Emperor (373 Queen's Road East)
The Empire Hotel Kowloon
The Excelsior Hong Kong
The Harbour View
The Imperial Hotel
The Luxe Manor
The Mira HK
The Park Lane Hong Kong a Pullman
The Royal Garden
The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers
The Wharney Guang Dong Hong Kong
VIC on the Harbour
Yesinn @YMT Wing Sing Lane
YMCA of HK (The Salisbury)
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You will receive a final confirmation voucher with pick up time and meeting place from the local tour supplier in Hong Kong. The meeting place is your hotel lobby, or you will be advised to meet with your tour guide at the nearest departure point.
- If you stay in a local home or a hotel not in the pickup list, please inform of the address upon booking. You will be informed of the nearest pickup hotel and pickup time to meet your tour guide. Your reply of approval of this pickup arrangement and deadline of apply time is critical. No show at the meeting place will receive no refund.
- If you book an activity less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled activity start time, you are required to telephone the local tour supplier immediately right after your booking. The telephone number of the local tour supplier is displayed on your voucher. The office is open from 0700 to 2100 Hong Kong time. If no one answers the phone call after office hour, please telephone again at 0700 next day to add you in the pickup list. Otherwise the tour bus will not go to your hotel.
- Upon pickup, your tour guide will find you by eye contact, or read your name from the pickup list. Meeting point is hotel lobby or you will be advised of the nearest meeting place to meet with your guide. Please be waiting at the meeting place 10 minutes prior to departure. No refund for your no show or late arrival.
- The standard cancellation policy is: (1) a 100% refund for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. (2) Cancellations made within 24 hours of the start date of the experience will receive no refund.
- At the cable car station, most people line up to buy ticket on site and enter through Individual Entry. The normal waiting time is 2 hours. Your prepaid confirmation coupon allows you to use Group Entry. Less people line up here. Group Entry is a privilege benefit for travel agents' customers only.
- After taking cable car to the mountain top, the group will follow your tour guide to take shuttle bus to reach the Big Buddha. You do not need to climb up 268 steps. The bus will stop at the foot of the Buddha Statue.
- If you choose to leave the group, walk on the 268 steps 1-way or round trips, or join in the group at Big Buddha to take return shuttle bus back, please talk to your tour guide for approval in advance. The most important thing is: When you leave the group, ask for the cellphone of your tour guide for urgent contact.
- As informed by Ngong Ping Cable Car Company, Ngong Ping Cable Car Service will be closed temporarily for scheduled maintenance on 6 March to 26 March 2019.
- When Ngong Ping Cable Car will be suspended to carry out bi-monthly regular scheduled maintenance, or closed due to severe weather warning, alternative coach transportation will be available during the cable car service suspension. This tour will be operated by coach transfer between Ngong Ping and Tung Chung. No reduction in the tour price for the lack of the cable car ride.
- In the event that the boat ride is suspended in Tai O village, a $20 retail cash coupon will be issued for use in Ngong Ping 360 souvenirs shops
- How to join in this tour from airport: Please take 24-minute Airport Express, get off at Kowloon Station, Exit D1, walk for 97m (2 minute) to W Hotel. The pickup time from W Hotel is 09:15 daily. Your tour guide has a pickup list and will find you in the lobby. Back to W Hotel at 19:00 after tour. From Airport Station, the 1st train leaves at 05:54. From Kowloon Station back to airport, the last train leaves at 00:52.
- If you live in a hotel on Lantau Island (Disney Resorts, Novotel Citygate, SkyCity Marriott, Regal Airport Hotel etc), or need a layover trip from airport and go back to airport in the same day: (1) The meeting time is 10:55 from the Taxi Stand at Tung Chung cable car station. You need to take a Lantau taxi (blue) to Tung Chung Cable Car Station. It costs around USD5 / HKD40 for 10 minute driving distance. (2) Tour ends at Tung Chung Cable Car Station at 4pm. (3) Round trip taxi transportation will be arranged by yourself.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews