Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Day Trip from Hong Kong1001 reviews
• Full-day tour of Lantau Island in Hong Kong
• Ride an express ferry across Hong Kong Harbour to Lantau Island
• Visit Po Lin Monastery and the Giant Buddha
• Tai O fishing village and its traditional houses on stilts
• Take a 25-minute sky rail cable car from Ngong Ping Village to Tung Chung town
• Enjoy a vegetarian lunch at the monastery
• Round-trip hotel transport from Hong Kong Island and Kowloon included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lantau island, Hong Kong China
Your friendly guide and expert driver will collect you from your Hong Kong hotel and transport you to the express ferry that will take you across Hong Kong Harbor to the shores of Lantau Island. Head to Cheung Sha Beach—the longest beach in the area—on a comfortable coach bus, then tour the fishing village of Tai O, where you’ll see traditional stilted home and learn more about daily local life. This Lantau Island Giant Buddha Day Trip from Hong Kong will then take you to the top of Ngong Ping Plateau where you’ll see the Tian Tan Buddha at Po Lin Monastery. This famous statue stretches more than 111 fee t (34 meters) high and is the largest seated, outdoor bronze Buddha on earth. Take a tour of Big Buddha and the Po Lin Monastery and savor a typical vegetarian meal at the monastery. This magnificent day ends as you travel from the mountain top by Ngong Ping 260 sky rail cable car to the Ngong Ping Plateau. The 25-minute trip offers up some of the most spectacular natural views and is not to be missed. Once you’ve arrived at Tung Chung Village you’ll make your way back to Hong Kong Island or Kowloon by coach.
Duration: 8 hours
- Local English speakling guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- One-way ferry
- 25-minute Ngong Ping Cable Car Ride
- Entry/Admission - Lantau island
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour from designated hotels in downtown Hong Kong and Kowloon.
Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not recommended for elderly or disabled passengers due to restricted access on and off the ferryboat and Ngong Ping cable car. Not wheelchair accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Customers are required to confirm exact pick up point for tour with local service provider at least 24 hours prior to date booked.
- Most travelers can participate
- Cable car will be subject to operational and weather conditions, in the event of the when the cable is not available it will be replaced with a coach transfer.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews