Private Walking Tour in the Former French Concession19 reviews
You will be visiting following places:
• Okura Garden Hotel: The former French club, the lobby in eastern part shows the best case for French classical style in interior design.
• Lanxin Theatre: The first western style theatre in Shanghai.
• Cathay Mansion: Formerly owned by famous Sassoon's family, known for hosting distinguished guests worldly wide since 1950's as well as its typical Art Deco style.
• King Albert Apartment: Another name popularly known as Royal Garden, built by French Catholic church for expatriates living in Shanghai. Walking through this living community, which is now hidden between two busy narrow streets, one may take a close look to the French Concession.
• The former residence of Dr. Sun Yat-Sen: A museum of China's revolutionary history.
• St. Nicholas Church: An Orthodox church built by Russian expatriates in 1920s, small but delicate.
• Fuxing Park: The only one French style garden in the country, which experienced a lot of changes during the past 100 years. Now stays popular both for senior's exercises in the morning and party animals' gathering in the evening for its club and KTV partyworld.The walking tours that are designed for the ones of same interests with different options at - routes to go, ways to do and certainly, stories to hear from selected guides who are fond of this part of Shanghai history themselves. This tour offers a choice of morning and afternoon departure time (10am or 2pm). Your guide will come to meet you at your hotel lobby, and either take taxi or public transportation to attractions at your own cost. After tour, your tour guide will arrange taxi for you to go back to your hotel or you can spend time to walk around in the city by yourself.
- Hotel pickup
- Transportation to attraction
- Excellent English-speaking guide
- Entrance Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Shanghai Lanxin Theater
- Entry/Admission - Shanghai Museum of Sun Yat-sen's Former Residence
- Personal expenses
- Hotel drop-off
Your centrally located hotel in Shanghai
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Please indicate morning tour or afternoon tour in special requirement area upon booking
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.95 out of 5 based on the last 19 recent reviews