Athens Highlights: a Mythological Tour126 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Olympian Zeus, Leoforos Vasilissis Olgas Leoforos Amalias, Athens 105 57 Greece
Located between the Acropolis and the Ilissos river, the colossal Olympeion was one of the greatest ancient temples of Zeus and one of the most famous marble buildings in the ancient World.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
The greatest and finest sanctuary of ancient Athens, dedicated primarily to its patron, the goddess Athena, has been dominating the centre of the city for millenia. The monuments of the Acropolis (the Parthenon, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechteion, the Propylae, the Theater of Dionysus,...), all unique masterpieces of ancient architecture, have influenced art and culture for many centuries and stand in harmony with their natural setting.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ancient Agora of Athens, Adrianou 24, Athens 105 55 Greece
The Agora was the heart of ancient Athens, the focus of political, commercial, administrative and social activity, the religious and cultural centre, and the seat of justice.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Temple of Hephaestus, 24 Adrianou St. Ancient Agora of Athens, Athens 105 55 Greece
The magnificent temple of Hephaestus, one of the best preserved ancient temples in the world, was the place of worship for two important deities for many merchants and shop owners of the Ancient Agora: god Hephaestus, protector of all metallurgists, and goddess Athena Ergani, protecting all potters and the cottage industries.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Expert licensed guide
- Entry fees
- Food or drinks
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Agora of Athens
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Hephaestus
Temple of Olympian Zeus, Athens 105 57, Greece
Ancient Agora of Athens, Adrianou 24, Athina 105 55, Greece
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund.
- ID card or passport are required for people under the age of 18 for age confirmation
- Strollers are not allowed at the Acropolis
- It is recommended to wear a hat and sunscreen in summer months (June to Sept)
- Near public transportation
- As this is a walking tour, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews