Santorini Private Scenic Shore Excursion: Oia, Mt Profitis and Ilias Monastery15 reviews
In Athinios, a private car will be waiting to take you on a short trip to Profitis Ilias, Santorini's highest peak. Admire the rocky landscapes and vineyards as you drive to the top of the mountain. At 1,853 feet (565 meters) above sea level, the monastery boasts great views and is one of the oldest monasteries on the island. Beginning in 1806, the monastery ran a Greek school for almost 40 years. Today, it holds an important collection of bibles and icons of the Greek Orthodox religion.
Next, proceed to the northernmost tip of the island to visit Oia. This small, dramatic village, built on a steep slope of the caldera, is home to dwellings that are nestled in niches hewn into the volcanic rock. As you walk through its narrow cobbled streets with your guide, you will come across many shops that offer a varied collection of handmade ceramic art, paintings and jewelry. Perched on the edge of the cliffs, Oia also offers spectacular views of Fira (Santorini's capital) and the volcano that gave birth to the island. Finally, make your way to Fira, where you’ll enjoy a short cable car ride down to the pier, where your ship is docked.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Santorini port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by private air-conditoned vehicle and professional driver
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Cable Car Transfers roundtrip
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (approx. 3 euros)
- Boat to Fira harbor
Tour start time will be adjusted to your ship's arrival. You must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Traveler pickup is offered
You must contact the local service provider at least 48hrs before tour to be informed on the exact
pickup time (meeting point will be provided on your confirmation voucher)
Santorini cruise port
Same as departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours prior to the tour’s departure time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children who do not occupy a seat are free of charge. Children who occupy a seat and are up to 11 years old, benefit from a discount
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.14 out of 5 based on the last 14 recent reviews