'Game of Thrones' Filming Locations Tour From Reykjavik217 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laxnes Horse Farm
Meet some of the extras on the show, the Icelandic horses that played the part of Westerosi horses
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Thorufoss, Thingvellir, South Region
Visit the valley where Drogon surprised a goat herder by a waterfall, snatching up one of the goats before flying away.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir, South Region
Hop out of your coach at the gorge of Thingvellir, the stomping ground of the White Walkers and the trail that the savage Wildlings took across the north to the Wall. Marvel at the fissure in the earth's crust where the European and American tectonic plates slowly drift apart, and take in the expansive Icelandic landscape that stretches around you. Walking through the fissure, you can follow in the footsteps of Sansa Stark and Littlefinger on their way to the Eyrie, but instead of ending at the Bloody Gate you will see the magnificent waterfall Öxarárfoss.
Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
Stop At: Þjóðveldisbærinn Stöng
A reconstructed Viking-era farmstead. Step out of the coach onto the site where a peaceful farming village was attacked by Wildlings under Tormund and the cannibalistic Thenns. As you explore the area on foot, be reminded of this bloody massacre. This is where the character Olly was first introduced to the series.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Pickup and drop-off at major hotels, bus stops and cruise ports
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- National Park fees
- Entry/Admission - Thingvellir National Park
- Food and drinks
Tour departs Reykjavik at 10:00am
Pick up from hotels, cruise ports and bus stops starts at 9:30 am.
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is offered from most hotels and guesthouses in the capital area, as well as from cruise ports. Pick-ups from hotels in the city center are not possible from directly in front of the hotel due to traffic restrictions, instead passengers must come to the nearest bus pickup point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour may include discussions of adult subjects connected to the Game of Thrones series, and may not be suitable for young children. Please use discretion.
- Routes and locations visited may vary, depending on weather and road conditions
- Meals are not included, but stops will be made at a local restaurant or grocery shop where meals and snacks can be purchased. Alternatively you can bring a packed lunch.
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews