Ancient Temples Tour in Chennai1 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kapaleeshwarar Temple, Kapaleesvarar Sannadhi Street Vinayaka Nagar Colony, Chennai (Madras) 600004 India
The temple is the most ancient one that has been built around the 7th century, front gopuram and the entire temple is an example of Dravidian architecture. Legend has it that Goddess Parvathi worshiped Lord Shiva in the form of a peacock in this temple.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Parthasarathy Temple, Narayana Krishnaraja Puram, Chennai (Madras) 600005 India
Dedicated to lord Vishnu, this temple in the heart of the city is believed to have been built during the 8th century by the Pallavas. With sunlight making patterns inside, the temple retains a majority of its ancient aura.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Marundeeswarar Temple, Thiruvanmiyur Near Beach of Bay of Bangal, Chennai (Madras) India
Marundheeswarar, meaning the “God of medicines” describes Lord Shiva, who is worshiped as a healer of diseases. The temple has a very ancient history from 7th-8th century and inscriptions found here seem to indicate that it could belong to the 11th century.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kaaraneeswarar Temple, 1, Karaneeswarar Koil St, Suriyammapet, Chennai (Madras) 600015 India
This 12th-century temple has an interesting story behind it involving the holy cow Kamadhenu and the King of Gods, Lord Indra. Legend has it that Indra had to build a temple at this precise location to redeem his cow that was cursed into becoming a mortal by Sage Vashishta.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Fuel surcharge
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
- Parking Fees
- Food and drinks
- Special Darshan Fees (wherever it's necessary)
Traveler pickup is offered
Your driver and vehicle details will be sent to you in message (you are requested to please contact your hotel concierge / bell desk / front desk to call the driver from car parking area to portico (entrance) at your pick-up time).
Drop off at your hotel in Chennai
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Shoes must be removed at places of worship, Dress code is smart casual (Please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended)
- Most travelers can participate
- Important notice about Tour Guide: All place of worship and museums has basic standard of "keep silence", so there is no possibility to give any commentary on that place, All possible information and assistance will be provided (if you have asked for it in advance), Tour operator (Uvamai Niche Tourism) never ever arrange tour guides for their tours
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 1 recent reviews