Private Walking Tour: South Delhi Heritage including Qutub Minar and Mehrauli Archaeological Park10 reviews
Then, walk to the nearby UNESCO World Heritage-listed Qutub Minar, the tallest minaret (a tall spire tower of Islamic mosques) in India standing at nearly 238 feet (73 m) high. Marvel at its amazing construction, built with red sandstone and marble and covered with intricate carvings and verses from the Quran (Koran).
Afterwards, follow your guide on a short 15-minute walk to the Mehrauli Archaeological Park, where you’ll find a large number of historical monuments of powerful people and excavated ruins dating back to the 13th century. Take a guided walk through the site and admire the elaborate structures like the Tomb of Ghiyasuddin Balban and the famous Rajon Ki Baoli stairwell. The archeological park will give you an interesting insight into Delhi at its various stages of development.
Finally, re-board your private vehicle for a quick drive to the Chhatarpur Temple, the second-largest temple complex in India, spreading over an area of about 60 acres (24 hectares). You will be in awe of the marble construction of this serene temple, highlighting South Indian-style architecture. Wander inside the temple with your guide and see various shrines dedicated to deities like the Goddess Durga or Maha Gauri.
Finish off your tour with an authentic Indian meal at a popular restaurant before relaxing on the drive back to your New Delhi hotel.
- Private walking tour
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch or dinner (depending on tour time chosen)
- All necessary transportation to/from site attractions
- Mineral water
- Entry/Admission - Qutub Minar
- Entry/Admission - Chhatarpur Temple
- Entry/Admission - Tomb of Balban
- Entry/Admission - Yogmaya Temple
- Entry/Admission - Rajon Ki Baoli
Departs from your New Delhi hotel
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.6 out of 5 based on the last 10 recent reviews