Private Full-Day City Tour of Varanasi Including Boat Ride
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Railway Station, Varanasi Cantt, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221002, India
5am Pickup in the early morning, you'll leave for a 2-hour boat ride on the Ganges to see the bathing Ghats (or steps from a river bank) & cremation sites. Sunrise on the riverfront, as seen from a boat, can be a spiritually uplifting sight.
After breakfast, you'll tour Sarnath, a very important pilgrimage centre for Buddhists, because this is where the Buddha preached his first sermon after achieving enlightenment. Sarnath's temples and the accompanying archaeological museum are full of Buddhist art and treasures.
After lunch, you'll visit the Bharat Mata temple which has a huge relief map of India carved into marble. After that, you'll visit Durga Temple, Tulsi Manas Mandir, and have an evening rickshaw (tricycle) ride passing through the busy streets and bazaars of Varanasi.
En evening arrive at the holy river Ganges, where you can witness the traditional ceremonies amidst hundreds of lighted candles and flower offerings.
- All Transfers/Sightseeing’s by air conditioned private vehicle
- Rickshaw (Tricycle) ride in the local bazaar of Varanasi
- Morning boat ride in holy river Ganges
- Professional private tour guide
- Monument entrance fees
- Buffet Lunch
- Gratuities (recommended)
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from Hotel / Train Station in Varanasi
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate