Colosseum Underground with Arena Floor Access & Roman Forum Guided Tour3159 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Begin your tour of Rome’s most iconic monument with Skip-the-Line access directly through the Gladiator’s Gate. Once the main exit for defeated contenders, this special entrance leads you directly to the parts of the Colosseum most tourists don’t get to see.
Your first stop is the Colosseum Underground – the backstage area where gladiators prepared for battle. Here, your expert, English-speaking guide will call on their historical and archaeological expertise to let you imagine the space as it once was. Scenery and caged wild animals stood ready to be hoisted into the arena by ingenious pulleys. You’ll practically feel the gladiators’ tense anticipation and hear the roar of the blood-thirsty crowd.
Then, walk in the gladiators’ footsteps on a partially reconstructed arena stage – a unique and amazing photo opportunity. And unlike the gladiators, you’ll get to ascend from the Arena Floor to the Colosseum’s second tier, where fans cheered the violent spectacles below.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
The next stop on the tour takes you back to the very beginning. The Palatine Hill is the spot Romulus chose to found the city that would become Rome in 753 BC – a decision that ended in tragedy for his brother Remus. Here, steeped in history, you’ll enjoy a spectacular preview of your next destination: the Roman Forum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
The Forum and the Via Sacra, the Sacred Way, were the heart of Ancient Rome. All of Roman life could be found in this bustling marketplace: commerce and trade, political rallies, military parades, and the sacred ceremonies of the Vestal Virgins.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
1: Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
2: Trajan's Column, Via dei Fori Imperiali, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
1: Colosseum, 00184 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
2: Palatine Hill, 00186 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- WE ARE UANBLE TO ACCOMMODATE GUEST BELOW 6 YEARS OLD DUE TO VENUE SECURITY REASON FOR TOUR AFTER 5PM
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Due to Colosseum security regulations, a PASSPORT OR VALID ID DOCUMENT IS MANDATORY to join this tour. It is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid document with you on tour. Passengers who fail to provide a valid proof of identity will be denied entry.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews