Laos Travel Guide
Everyone needs a little help now and then, especially when planning a dream holiday so we're here to help with our travel guide to Laos. Find out more about the best time to go and the top sights you should see when you're there. Discover what plugs you'll need to take with you and how easily you'll find WiFi out there. We also cover the essentials with details on what visa you'll need and provide a round-up of the multi-country tours we offer to Laos and its neighbouring countries.
Don't visit Laos without seeing these top sights from Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng
- The Coroner’s Lunch
by Colin Cotterill
- Another Quiet American: Stories of Life in Laos
by Brett Dakin
- Bamboo Palace: Discovering the Lost Dynasty of Laos
by Christopher Kremmer
Facts about Laos
- In Laos the New Year is a big deal and is celebrated for three days from April 13th-15th.
- The oldest modern human fossil was found in Lao and is estimated to be 46,000 years old.
- Laos is home to the Khone Papeng waterfall, the largest waterfall in the entirety of Southeast Asia.
Laos Travel Advice
We keep abreast of the latest travel advice to Laos and follow advice as set out by the British Foreign Office. Safety of our travellers is paramount and we recommend that you check the latest travel updates from the relevant advisory body in your country.