Xcaret Day Trip from Cancun107 reviews
Explorers and budding archaeologists can head beneath the Riviera Maya jungle to underground caverns, where the Mayans once engaged in cleansing rituals before boating to Cozumel island to pray to the goddess of fertility and childbirth. Stumble upon rivers and perhaps spot macaws, monkeys and deer along the way. Once you make your way out of the underground labyrinth, find yourself at Mayan Village.
Learn about family traditions and village infrastructure at exhibits; visit archaeological sites; or marvel at the beauty of the orchid garden. For more wildlife wonders, head over to the aviary, butterfly pavilion and coral reef aquarium. Meanwhile beach lovers can snorkel in crystal blue waters to spot sea turtles, take a dip in the inlet lagoon, and then soak up the sun on a natural beach.
At the end of the day, you can get dropped off at your hotel or stay for Xcaret México Espectacular, a popular night show featuring more than 300 performers in traditional costumes. Through drama, music and dance, learn about Mayan and Mexican history and culture from pre-Columbian times to present day.
After the show concludes, enjoy easy bus transport back to your Cancun hotel.
Xcaret Plus option:
Includes a buffet lunch with orange juice and lemonade, snorkeling gear and the use of the Plus Area, a more private shower and changing room facility.
- Use of lounge chairs, hammocks and rest areas
- Life jackets and inner tubes
- Water activities in the underground river
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- One buffet lunch with fruit-flavored drinks, coffee and one beer
- Use of Plus Area facility
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Access to beaches, bays and natural pools
- 10% discount on some optional activities
- Entry/Admission - Xcaret Park
- Entry/Admission - Museo de Arte Popular Mexicano
- Optional activities
- Food and drinks (if Xcaret Plus option is not selected)
Tour departs from most Cancun hotels
You will leave Xcaret at around 5pm to return to your Cancun hotel. If you would like to stay for the night show, buses leave at about 9pm from Xcaret.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- For pick up arrangement you must call to confirm your reservation at least 24 hrs before your visit day.
- Important: Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child prices are height dependent. Children over 4.6 feet (1.4 meters) pay the adult price. Children between 3.2 feet (1 meter) and 4.6 feet (1.4 meters) pay the child price. All children under 3.2 feet (1 meter) travel free provided they do not occupy a seat
- It is recommended that you bring comfortable lightweight clothing, walking shoes or sneakers, biodegradable sunblock, a swimsuit and towel, and an extra change of clothing
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews