Mexico Travel Guide
Before you can relax on the tropical beaches of Cancun or explore the incredible Maya ruins of Chichen Itza, there's some necessary holiday preparation you'll need to do first and here's a good place to start. Our Mexico travel guide covers everything from when to go and what to see, to what visas you'll need and tips on health, currency, voltage and more. You can also see what multi-country touring options we offer that include Mexico and learn more about the style of our tours to the land that gave us tequila, sombreros and mariachis.
Don't miss these top attractions from the capital city to the country's world wonder
Plan the perfect time to go with our guide to the seasons and festivals taking place
- The Labyrinth of Solitude
by Octavio Paz
- The Years with Laura Diaz
by Carlos Fuentes
- Mexico: Democracy Interrupted
by Jo Tuckman
Facts about Mexico
- In San Luis Potosi there is a dish called el zacahuil, which is a 3ft tamale weighing 150 pounds.
- Hot chocolate was originally the drink of the Gods and was introduced to the rest of the world by Mexico.
- Back in 1913 during the space of just one single day, Mexico had three different presidents.
Mexico Travel Advice
We keep up-to-date with the latest travel advisories to Mexico and follow advice as set out by the British Foreign Office. Safety of our travellers is paramount and we recommend that you check the latest travel updates from the relevant advisory body in your country.