Sunset Camel Ride in the Palm Grove of Marrakech138 reviews
Head to the Palmeraie, a picturesque palm grove on the fringes of the city, for your scenic camel ride experience, be shown to your camel and learn how these hardy desert animals have been used for transport in Morocco for centuries thanks to their ability to travel long distances without water.
After a safety briefing, wear your Nomad dress with the shesh (turban) and climb into the saddle on the back of a camel and relax as you enjoy a ride through the verdant palms, after 30 min ride you will stop to visit a berber house to discover the real life of local people, this is where you can enjoy snack and mint tea with the family, after that you will take your camel again to continue the ride, take your camera out to snap some photos of the beautiful sunset as the sky changes colors through the trees. When your ride is complete, you will travel back to your accommodation.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or 4WD
- English speaking guide
- Camel Ride tour
- Use of a touareg dress and cheich (touareg scarf to protect the face from the sun)
- Visit of a berber house
- Snack with Moroccan mint tea are included
- All taxes
- Fuel included
2 hours before the sunset
Hotels and riads located in central Marrakech
If you are staying inside the Medina, your pickup will be at the closest point accessible to vehicles (this may involve a short walk).
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of two people are required for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is only one person booked onto the tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews